HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Continuing the discussion from HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3) - #10843 by harrydogyo.

Previous discussions:

4 Likes

And around it goes… will this be the final chapter?

15 Likes

I think the final chapter was 3, but Jason and Michael Myers always seem to come back.

8 Likes

Even Hollywood knows when there’s meat on the bone, but they lose a doozy too.

Has anyone ever gotten $100 check from GMTV for not being able to match carmax offer? They just texted me saying they are mailing me a $100 check. Guess we’ll see!

7 Likes

I pushed them on it and they said it has to be a carmax manual appraisal and they won’t honor the $100 for an automated offer, lol

2 Likes

Few weeks ago, they couldn’t beat two offers for the CarMax, so they mailed me $200 check.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Just want to call out @Clutch for a very reasonable approach to getting a Jeep before the end of the year. 5% off in-stock units, with rebates, feels like the good old days again!

17 Likes

Agreed. Also interesting that his south dealer is shunning CCAP and only using Ally.

1 Like

Why the 8/31 cutoff?

1 Like

@Clutch would be the best one to answer, but my guess is due to the typical minimum 2-3 month turn-around time from order to delivery. They basically don’t want a bunch of orders arriving in early 2023 based on the hope of getting the credit and then having customers complaining/canceling en masse because CCAP pulls the rebate.

3 Likes

The risk that they don’t arrive before 12/31 and who knows how it’ll go in 23 with the 7500 credit

3 Likes

Makes sense, leaves 4 months to get them all built.

I think they know half the $7500 credit is possibly disappearing starting 1/1/23.

2 Likes

I missed it. Where was that stated?

1 Like

With this option why would anyone custom order it now? They can just pick from the available inventory plus 5 to 6 % discount plus $7500 rebate.
Yes its not the usual 9% discount but 5 to 6% is still very good in todays mkt.

2 Likes

Full announcement https://www.clutchautodeals.com/so/d7OB3Ypc3/c?w=DFe1gWqt3YHnId_Vu5wIvqF76nJnzv62pjEgxMxV2ug.eyJ1IjoiaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY2x1dGNoYXV0b2RlYWxzLmNvbS9pcmEiLCJyIjoiMjlkZDI3NWMtNzhmNi00YTQ5LTk1YTUtYTljOWQ2Zjk2NzczIiwibSI6Im1haWwiLCJjIjoiODZlZmMwZjAtZmNmNC00Yjk1LWIwZmQtMTZiMDk1OWQ2ODA0In0

2 Likes

I thought Ally leases were a PITA to get out of?

1 Like

They are - but for those who are buy and hold customers, they also offer lower monthly payments (and for others Ally also allows lease transfers - per clutch).

And it’s the dealer of his that doesn’t like flips and makes you promise not to sell so it makes sense to go that route.