2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Lease

I reached out to him yesterday but other than one round of back and forth, I have yet to hear back (probably just busy). His services are a bit pricier now ($100 deposit + $300 service fee) but I still think that it could be worth it.

Edit: @nyclife and I are back in touch!

1 Like

regarding kids and suv’s/sedans-

I 100% agree that as long as a rear facing child seat can fit in your sedan, the space in a sedan is sufficient for 1 or 2 kids, and an suv isn’t necessary.

that said, there are some other major advantages of an SUV if you have small kids.

1. its a bit easier to load and unload a stroller (and other large items) in an suv than the trunk of a sedan
  2. changing diapers on the go- it’s incredibly easy to change a diaper on the elevated, flat rear cargo area of an SUV. not possible in a trunk, and a real PITA in the back seat of a sedan

I agree with both points!

While a SUV is not a necessity for kids, I think that there are some great benefits to having one.

No down payment as in no cap cost reduction. Not 0 drive off.

Got it - that makes sense.

No one has outright said whether this is a terrible, okay or good deal yet which leads me to think it may not be too bad?

It’s not “good” per say (leasehackr wise), but (I think) what we are trying to tell you is that if your okay with the price then do it (its a new and popular car that VoVo expects to “print money”). Just don’t visit the forum in December and witness the possible sub 400, unicorn sub 300 (loaner/demo) postings ha! We’ve listed a relatively decent list of options, strategies, & broker’s for you to use. No one is going to validate a lease over the 1% rule (Read the intro posts) on this forum. Do what you will.

Cheaper options (to highlight the relative weakness of this deal) that have popped up on the forum. Also, MSD’s will bring down your monthly into the 500’s.

Heres a 7 seater for same price your paying.

1 Like

Effective payment of $627/month for a $51k vehicle seems terrible to me. That might be the going rate, but I personally wouldn’t get it for that price.

As you said, it is a new and popular car and I wasn’t expecting to get it to the 1% rule or be a true leasehackr-level deal. If I do end up leasing this car right now, I will definitely be avoiding the forum like the plague come December so I feel better about myself. Also completely agree that there are cheaper options out there but at the moment, am focusing on this particular car.

I suppose that was just a long way of saying thanks!

1 Like

FYI - I negotiated an XC90 T5 Momentum Plus for $519 a month + tax, zero down (as in cap reduction), plus basic driveoffs, here in California.

39 months
12k/year
$54k msrp and some change.

You should probably think about the XC90 as it’s coming out $100 cheaper/month than the XC60.

The chase is more fun than the actual execution, it is difficult to stop coming here. Some of us even sold our great leased cars just to continue the chase (and pocket some money in the process). :wink:

I received email with confirmation of the 500 presidents day bonus. The table below is showing it as an extra $500 on the “Lease Bonus”. There is also a $1000 Allowance on the XC60 (but no other A-plan discounts for it. [The Volvo Allowances and lease bonuses are for the southern region and are higher on the S90 in other markets]

I wonder if they will have the extra $500 on the west coast

its not… (2020202020)

Looks like the allowance for the XC60 is only for MY17 and not MY18. :neutral_face:

I noticed that there is a button for “GET A PIN” - is that related to A-Plan? I couldn’t find much info on eligibility for it other than if you happen to work for certain companies.

Was that with or without MSDs?

There does seem to be more room to bring down the price of a XC90 but my wife thinks that it is too big.

Volvo has challenges updating their A-plan website/tables. The extra $1000 is for the 2018 model. I don’t believe there is A-plan support for 2017s this month.

Are the allowance(s) only for A-Plan members? Other than working for a company that has ties to Volvo or the Costco deal that expired last year, is there any other way to be eligible for A-Plan?

It looked like you can get Aplan from volvo club of America but need to be a member for 1 year first.

The A-plan Elite Bonuses are for A-plan members, all the rest are available to anyone.

Thanks! I doubt I can wait one year without having to face the wrath of a soon to be momma bear but if she ends up liking Volvos, it seems like a good idea to sign up with VCoA.

Or focus on a loaner (as you cant use A-plan with a loaner).