Starred topics that everyone should read

If you were to make a list of topics that every new user should read, what would you include?

Here’s one to start:

TL;DR: Have reasonable expectations. Unicorn deals are often the byproduct of a perfect set of circumstances (timing, qualifications, inventory, etc.) and cannot be reliably replicated.

2 Likes

Do new users read?

5 Likes

I stumbled on this one: Copy+Paste Info Request for Newbie Lease Deal Evaluation .

2 Likes

What about a sticky/FAQ on regional differences and markets? This is related to the reasonable expectations, but spell it out in black and white that more competitive markets get better/larger discounts, but you need to weigh that with the cost of shipping and respect what is possible based on your location.

Why would they read anything when it only takes a minute to post a question that had been asked 1,000 times? Seriously, we can have a long list but it will not change the situation, IMO

2 Likes

@michael I think the best thing to do is if someone creates a new account, make it mandatory to read the few select topics before it unlocks the rest of the forum.

Leave it to where anyone can browse anything they want but if they sign up, then they have to read those topics.

like the 10 minutesemail

I think that covers it

2 Likes

@michael - This site has allowed me to learn even more about leasing. From getting additional pre/post sale incentives, to crazy deals of up to 20% off MSRP on certain BMW loaners.

17 months from now, I will be in the market for my next lease. I am interested in either a 2020 530i or 540i xdrive. I am currently driving a 2018 A4 P+. Love the car.

Since I joined LH a couple of months ago, I have read hundreds of posts. There is a ton of information here, THANKS TO YOU.

I just saw another one that’s needed - don’t base a deal on the LH score.

1 Like

Or 1% of MSRP

1 Like