PSA...Holiday car sales are a gimmick

Since the question gets brought ad nauseam every single holiday at least once, and usually more, here’s your auto leasing PSA for the week…

HOLIDAY SALES ARE A PURE MARKETING GIMMICK TO GET YOU IN THE DOOR.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

14 Likes
Memorial Day push

I’ve just been copy and pasting my pre-written response and editing to the correct holiday. Easier to just link to this instead for all holidays, so kudos

2 Likes

It should probably be a FAQ, but I don’t have access to put it there.

1 Like

How dare you?!

Next you’ll tell me that Irvine BMW sends emails to everyone. I happen to know that Private Sales Events are truly exclusive. They definitely don’t send invites to just any schmuck whose address they have on file.

6 Likes

it’s already mid-month so i’m starting to get an influx of the ‘i went there because they offered this BUT THEN’
is it june yet?

4 Likes

I still can’t wait for Cesar Chavez day coming up next March! They practically give them away…

3 Likes

April 31 has the best deals.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ford usually adds some bonus cash for the holiday. Toyota might add $500 or so on certain models. But, yeah, don’t expect a huge difference.

I actually think that June (terrible 2) is an opportunity for both sellers and buyers to find a win win situation.

Everyone knows that October 9th is the best day all year to buy or lease a new car.

2 Likes

If anything, you’ll probably end up paying more. Crowds of people believing they are getting a great deal due to a “holiday special”, why would dealers deeply discount at all?

When I worked at Nissan they always dropped extra rebates on holidays sometimes even more towards second half of the day.

While that may be true, it wouldn’t be substantial enough to say that you couldn’t meet or beat that deal any other time a comparable program would be offered any month of the year.

Bottom line is that 99% of the time, holiday sales events at car dealers are a marketing promotion to get people who have been brainwashed into thinking they are fools for not buying now into the store in what would otherwise be a slow sales period.

Nobody wants to waste a day at a car dealership on a holiday…unless they “think” they’re getting something for doing so.

1 Like

My luck has really been amazing.

Every time I want to get a new car, dealers are having blowout sales… many with prices too low to even advertise!

5 Likes

Especially when a holiday falls at the end of the month and they’ve hit their numbers already.

1 Like

Next you’re going to tell me that the flyer I got in the mail begging for my used car due to high demand isn’t real as well.

5 Likes

That made me laugh as I got a phone call to renew my warranty on a car I leased 3 cars ago yesterday instead of one of those “we want your car” messages I usually get

3 Likes

its the same in mall/outlet, during holiday all these store with big 50-70% off, but in reality most of the stuff are always half off but some even mark up their price. but when i go mid week when season change i get a t shirt from DKNY for 5 bucks, or if i wanna go real cheap then old navy will have some 85 cent t shirt.

Or the mattress/furniture store that has it’s annual “going out of business” sale.

1 Like