Require Moderation for Marketplace Before Post Approval

I agree that the marketplace needs a little help, but in general, I am against over-moderation and prefer a little of the wild west in the forum which I believe encourages more honest opinions and assessments.

3 Likes

There definitely is some truth in that.

Case in point, there are message subjects like this all the time, even when searching, you still not sure what’s in the messages w/o opening them and reading.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your suggestions. I agree that we need more Marketplace moderations and enforce better posting practices by commercial parties. We are working on making dealer/broker registration required in order to post dealership deals; good, helpful dealers/brokers on the forum would be rewarded through positive reviews on their designated review thread, which we will create for registered dealers/brokers. I second @steevo’s position that the marketplace should stay community-based without over-moderation, but healthy dose of moderation is definitely needed to keep the forum clean and enjoyable.

Let us know if you have other suggestions!

2 Likes

Love it. Thanks, Violette!

I think we’ve been doing better with moderation as of late. I think it’s certainly improved from where it was even just a couple months ago.

Recently, a bunch of Marketplace posters seem to think that the subject/title line is meant for paragraphs worth of info. Can we recommend that they just post 1 sample numbers in the title and the other variations (ie with no MSDs, VPP, loyalty, etc) in the main post?

Below are some examples of ridiculous titles.

2 Likes

To be fair, the policies of the forum require a lot in the title for a marketplace post. Some of them are a bit excessive when there isn’t one particular deal being advertised, but most parts of the single deal ones are needed.

EX: type of car and trim needed,
MSRP needed,
payment needed,
what is upfront needed ,
Location needed,
term and mileage needed

1 Like

And Jon is the one who always insists on following guidelines :slight_smile:

There is no guideline that says all those have to be in the title. Personally, I think just vehicle+trim, terms and monthly+DAS amount should be in the title. All the other details can be in the main post.

Personally, I think there should only be year/make/model/trim in the title. Everything else is fluid and can be in the post, including monthly payment. There are always questions about different terms, rebates, etc.
Edit: also location in the title

That works too. If people are interested in that vehicle, they can click to read the main post for the details.

1 Like

Yep, who needs to see all this bla-bla in the title?

Hahaaaa i made it on Jon’s list !!! Lol. Jk, i will keep in mind next time. Thanks for letting me know !

Yeah that makes sense

PS can there be a simple delete option instead of selecting post(s), searching for the landfill, scrolling down a massive list on your phone bla bla bla

I don’t think @michael and @littleviolette want delete option at all. It’s been discussed before, I think.

1 Like

Correct. No delete option.

I personally think titles should follow this sort of format:

[Year][make][model] [payment] [DAS]
2018 Chevy Malibu LT $299/mo $0 DAS

If we don’t require payment in the title, there will be a bunch of this kind of thing:

And then I want to see lease term there as well. Orherwise - what’s the point of showing any numbers at all? There won’t be anything else in there if this will be requirement.

Then we could suggest

2018 Chevy Malibu LT $299 36/mo $0 DAS

IMO, the reason we show numbers is because it creates a little more added incentive to not just post a ton of mediocre deals to see if they fly. If we open up that door, it doesn’t really incentivize good deals. Sure, they may get grilled in the comments section, but I don’t like the idea of making people dive deeper just to find out someone posted a Chevy Cruze for $400/mo

Mileage, bro…:grin:

I think 10k is pretty standard, no? I doubt someone would post a 15k mileage deal since that would increase the monthly. Doesn’t seem like that would be a good sales technique

1 Like