Require Moderation for Marketplace Before Post Approval

Recently, there has been a flood of posts offering deals that do not follow any sort of guidelines by new brokers to Leasehackr. None of these brokers are registered as dealers/brokers. Some of them are just posting manufacturer offers which are simply a waste of space. By allowing moderation, we could restrict the marketplace to registered dealers/brokers (maybe have newly registered ones pay a fee) whose posts follow guidelines that could be established. Maybe trusted hackrs could be granted moderation privileges for this category?

Moderators could allow lease transfers to be posted while solving this broker issue.

6 Likes

I agree, originally, there was supposed to a review section, I haven’t seen that yet.

It certainly wouldn’t hurt. I know we’ve had some discussion around this before @trusted_hackrs @Ursus @Jon

Yep, we did…

I agree that a dealer/broker should be registered as such, as for the guidelines that should be up to Michael.

I agree. I like seeing ads just so I know what the hacker pricing is. But the most useless posts are when dealers/brokers just give out their contact info and somehow make us believe they will give us amazing deals. What a waste of time. I feel like those posts should be auto deleted. The community shouldn’t be built on those kinds of ads.

Community moderation or a (dislike) button should be made available. When it reach a certain limit (say 5) dislikes, it may get suspended and get sent to a moderator for approval. That way as the site grows there are not thousands of ads for moderators to approve.

3 Likes

Completely agree with this. Once it hits a certain number of dislikes, it’s immediately flagged for moderation.

2 Likes

You can do it now by flagging any post :slightly_smiling_face:
Just need to agree to flag unregistered “brokers’” posts.

I think this is a great idea. Solves all the problems. I just don’t know how hard it would be to code that into the site.

Can all users or only trust_hackrs flag posts? If it’s the latter, there are only 12 users and not all of them are very active. Getting 5/12 to flag all the inappropriate posts might be hard.

I think it would make sense to be able to let anyone flag the posts.

I can flag posts. (20202020)

Shows what I know. I’ve never flagged one before… :slight_smile:

I think the trick is that someone really needs to follow up on flagged posts. :wink: I’ve seen a few sorta racist posts get flagged and actually be hidden, but I’d say that’s very uncommon. Never seen a post actually get removed or hidden for just being posted wrong.

Thank me for that :grin: Can you flag posts? Or is it only trusted and reg. brokers?

So, flag is in your hands. Start flagging unregistered competitors :joy:

I can flag posts so I assume it is everyone

Yep. Now need to figure out what happens next. Do they just stay hidden until certain amount of users flag the same post and then post gets permanently hidden? Or else?

Welp, I just found out what happens when too many posts get flagged on the Trophy thread :frowning: