Require Moderation for Marketplace Before Post Approval

That works too. If people are interested in that vehicle, they can click to read the main post for the details.

1 Like

Yep, who needs to see all this bla-bla in the title?

Hahaaaa i made it on Jon’s list !!! Lol. Jk, i will keep in mind next time. Thanks for letting me know !

Yeah that makes sense

PS can there be a simple delete option instead of selecting post(s), searching for the landfill, scrolling down a massive list on your phone bla bla bla

I don’t think @michael and @littleviolette want delete option at all. It’s been discussed before, I think.

1 Like

Correct. No delete option.

I personally think titles should follow this sort of format:

[Year][make][model] [payment] [DAS]
2018 Chevy Malibu LT $299/mo $0 DAS

If we don’t require payment in the title, there will be a bunch of this kind of thing:

And then I want to see lease term there as well. Orherwise - what’s the point of showing any numbers at all? There won’t be anything else in there if this will be requirement.

Then we could suggest

2018 Chevy Malibu LT $299 36/mo $0 DAS

IMO, the reason we show numbers is because it creates a little more added incentive to not just post a ton of mediocre deals to see if they fly. If we open up that door, it doesn’t really incentivize good deals. Sure, they may get grilled in the comments section, but I don’t like the idea of making people dive deeper just to find out someone posted a Chevy Cruze for $400/mo

Mileage, bro…:grin:

I think 10k is pretty standard, no? I doubt someone would post a 15k mileage deal since that would increase the monthly. Doesn’t seem like that would be a good sales technique

1 Like

I have no problem with your opinion but do you really have to like my title? no customers have ever complained and it doesn’t break any rules… someone will always dislike something but is your opinion really that I need to change it to not bother you? I’m not trying to be a smart ass, just really asking.
I can shorten it if I have too… but No ones long title bothers me, I like as much info as possible. and after a certain time It doesn’t let me change the title.

If it bothered me enough, I could have changed it myself. This is the suggestion section and I’m making a suggestion and getting other’s opinions. If enough people agree, then a change can be made. If not, then things can be left as-is.

I feel like 95% of the posts are 10k miles and instead of adding to the title we should just make that a standard. If people really want to add 12k/15k we can just put it into the body.

2 Likes

ok cool, let me know. You know I always follow the rules, and I never want to ignore people. But also don’t want to change unless multiple people don’t like it or there’s a way to be more effective. most of my tittles are short but there are lots of companies that might catch peoples eyes if they don’t know about they’re discount or have Friends that work there.

This is actually a good point in favor of more generic titles. Just recently @BMW_Dave asked me to modify the date in his title because he couldn’t do it after 2 months.

Agreed.

@Jon I’m with you on your original suggestion.

Vehicle, trim, monthly, term, DAS.

IE: 2017 Jaguar XE $200/mo 10/36 $1,500 DAS

I personally don’t even mind if people leave out the make to keep titles succinct. If you’re here, you probably know the make if you know the model.

I would flip it so it says 36/10k instead of 10/36. I’ve seen it more commonly like that

Right, “2017 XE” will be clear enough to figure out :grin:

Hows this

'18 Buick Encore Preferred 36/12 ;monthly $150+ tax / DAS $150+tax FL

Too long, too much in the title, IMO. All the details should be in the post, but I see why brokers/dealers want their title screaming “Look at me!!!”. If you are interested in a Buick Encore, short title will work and you will click to see details.
“18 Buick Encore Preferred, FL”