Rate this M5 comp lease deal

Hi leasehackrs, I am in the final negotiations with a dealership on a 2020 M5 comp. I am looking for your opinions on whether this is a solid deal or not before I sign. The MSRP is $135,000, 11% off, mf .00138. For a 36 month/15000 mile lease this equates to $500 down and $1775 per month after tax. I am looking to lease this today to qualify for BMW’s 2 month waiver program. The calculator gives me a score of 7.1 so how do you think I did?

I think 11-12% is a fair discount on these cars, occasionally you will see higher. Your MF is marked up, should be 0.00118. The 15k term will also make it more expensive than the usual 10k.

Why not just take this guy’s? Need the higher miles?

1 Like

Probably the best bet to save money, but I feel as if M5 buyers tend to be very specific in their wants. Lack of competition package may be a deal breaker.

2 Likes

I saw that deal but its not my preferred spec and I need the mileage. This M5 has a few must haves that the other doesn’t (M performance exhaust, B&W) I have talked to several dealers now and they don’t want to budge below .138. I guess what I want to know is, would you take the deal as is? With the $2500 incentive my deal works out to be $1720 after tax with zero down. I feel that it is not a great deal but not terrible either. I appreciate your help!

I wholeheartedly agree, it is difficult to find the exact spec you want AND get a great deal!

Not great but not terrible is exactly how I’d classify it too. Considering the marked up MF you’re at essentially 9-10% discount pre-incentive.

Given it’s the end of the month, I might call the salesman first thing this morning and tell them you’ll be in to sign today if they can do 12% pre-incentive (no change to MF). Let him/her check on it, check with manager, etc. I’d be willing to bet on a $135k car they’ll bite, but you never know.

Heck he can even try 12% with base MF, it’s not an unreasonable offer.

Just as is this deal isn’t that great.

1 Like

At 1700 a month you’re getting closer to exotic car leases. Idk man, m5 is nice but 1700 a month for the thing??? As others stated. 12 percent w base mf or tell the dealer call you when they want the deal

3 Likes

I will ask the dealer for a 12% when I get there. That saves about $40 a month which is nice but not necessary. I’ve been shopping around since March and just want to attain the car at this point (My patience is wearing thin or I would wait for the M5 lci) I also tried contacting a broker here without a response back… For my current needs, a M5 suits me better than anything else out there. The M8 was originally the car I wanted but it’s a bit impractical. My last car was a Cayman GTS and it scrapped every morning out of my narrow driveway. Sorry for the off tangent rant, lol.

Well if it’s your WANT then the price will certainly reflect that. I hear ya on the patience thing, ultimately it’s your 1700 a month. I wouldn’t pay 1700 for an m5, but you may certainly which is all good to. So as you came on here looking for advice, it seems consensus is it’s ok if a deal but can certainly be a lot better or a lot worse :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just a quick update: signed the deal today with a small additional discount from the dealer, here she is!

6 Likes

Congratulations! And more pics please. What is your school doing for graduation this year?

congrats 2020

Gonna take more pics tomorrow this was a quick snap from the dealership. And regarding graduation, I have no clue haha. I’m not graduating yet.

In case anyone is shopping for a BMW, DO NOT go to BMW of Encinitas. I’d recommend Sal at Vista instead. Here’s what I mean :man_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

On a positive note, the car is truly a beast.

12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: you gotta give the man props that was actually a good one.

2 Likes

Was there more to this text thread or in-person events that could shed some light? I know sales people have dreams of sending something like this with certain customers, but in reality just politely move on.

Holy moly.

EDIT: You might want to blur this person’s phone number out…

2 Likes

What amazes me is the flip in attitude in the responses. Makes me wonder if the salesman showed the message to his boss who then wrote the last message.

4 Likes