Rate this M5 comp lease deal

I think there is more to this than we are seeing. A CA, let alone a GM or SM, of a BMW store isn’t going to respond that way - way too much risk to reputation. Seems very strange.

Exactly I think BMWNA would take adverse action against the dealer. Even if they were told of it now. I can’t see any situation where it’s okay to tell this to a client. Even if the client was shopping for a used honda in the pre-owned lot.

I am definitely interested to learn more about context…

I would make it my personal goal for the month to sabotage this dealership. Wtf. Put them on blast all over social media.

Congrats on the car. I got my M5 comp from Vista too.

Weird about your interaction with Encinitas. Encinitas is Vista’s sister store, so maybe there’s some competition there? Either way, something seems off for such a deliberate attack. But congrats and enjoy your new ride.

I did not play any games with the salesman or manager. I told them my offer: 12% off msrp and .00118 mf and I would sign the car that day. They responded by saying that they don’t discount their M cars and the manager tried playing games with me. Probably thinking I am young and easily manipulated (I was negotiating on behalf on my parents) I politely told them that I would return if they had the best offer (Obviously they didn’t) Given that the salesman was generally nice throughout the process and it was the manager being a dick, I just wanted to let him know that I purchased my car to save him the hassle of a follow up. Too bad he’s just as bad as the manager. So there are two dealerships on my blacklist now: Encinitas and Ontario. Feel free to ask any further questions.

2 Likes

Isn’t this an auto nation dealership?

Yeah but I have negotiated with dozens of dealerships for my parents and never thought of any sm as a dick for not meeting my price, there has to be more to you thinking the sm is a dick… if a sm says no to my offer I just throw my offer out there and say if you guys change your mind let me know and leave it at that. Age doesn’t mean anything if you tell them you are negotiating a deal on behalf of someone else…

2 Likes

He refused to give me his discount off msrp and mf unless I committed to a purchase there that day. Saying stuff like what monthly payment do you want and if this payment is too high we can get you into a lower msrp car. Obviously most dealerships do this but they were not willing to be transparent to begin with. After 30 mins of negotiating, I still hadn’t seen a sheet with the mf and msrp discount so I called Vista and said I’d be on my way.

I mean at the end of the day you went from one AutoNation dealership to another.
I guess the house always wins? The commission check just went to another salesmen. & Most likely given the fact they have the same policies, you probably could’ve gotten the same deal at Encinitas.

Imo, I am a reasonable person to deal with as long as the dealership can treat me with respect. I signed at vista for 11% and .00138 so the deal wasn’t even the most important factor. I have been treated this way at Ontario as well with the salesman yelling at me saying he spent “so much time” writing up a quote on a m5 and m8.

Did you go in-person to get these quotes? That seems to be implied

Yes, all of these experiences were in person.

Ah thats a classic mistake. We all learn with time lol.
I typically like to request a quote via email directly from the sales manager. Letting them know I am ready to sign today if they provide me with the most aggressive deal.
This way you don’t have to waste your time dealers that you know will not play ball, and can focus on the top 2 or 3 most aggressive dealers

Claiming they weren’t treating you with respect or being courteous because they weren’t willing to do the price you want sounds like a bit of a reach

1 Like

I didn’t claim it was because they did not agree to the deal I wanted. The manager’s demeanors towards me was my complaint. He was insinuating that I knew nothing about M cars and that I should be happy to take his deal. Nevertheless, the response afterwards was definitely unwarranted and I think we can all agree on that.

We can definitely agree that it was inappropriate and unprofessional. Unwarranted would require a lot more insight.

3 Likes

weird to see that your conv went from him thanking you, asking you where you got it, to where it went. were any texts in between deleted? :eyes:

2 Likes

No there was not. The text came out of the blue. I thought it was a strange question that he asked where I got my car from and was a bit hesitant to answer.

This may be why he got the nasty text. Basically the dealership network still got the deal, but another salesman got the check. The salesman probably saw it as OP taking food literally out of his mouth and giving it to someone else. It’s unwarranted and unprofessional, but I get it.

3 Likes