Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

I’d love to sell you one at the low low price of MSRP unfortunately I am currently sold out. :frowning:

3 Likes

is his name sammy sosa?

The best feeling in the world is when you close one of these jokers that came in and said he was just looking and you could barely get them to go on a test drive. Couple hours later and it’s over the curb, those were the best deals.

2 Likes

What a timely thread to pop up in my feed!

Here’s some responses I got today while requesting quotes for an m5:

Asked for quote at buy rate after initial quote was marked up:

Dealer 1: “we don’t lease vehicle at buy rate.
We are in business for profit and the lease rate is one of our opportunities to make profit.”

Dealer 2: “We only have a 6% markup on a new BMW. After preparing the car for you, including gas and detail charges and after paying a salesperson (me) for selling the car, the dealership doesn’t profit. A discount of 3% is where our ownership would like me to stay.”

2 Likes

Eh, at least they were polite.

3 Likes

Remember that teenager in Cali who leased an M5, and the sales manager took his salesperson’s phone and told him to drive it off a cliff, now that’s ‘polite’.

-Hershey

edit: found it!

28 Likes

I literally fell out of my chair laughing at that one.

1 Like

Ditto! Same!

1 Like

Dealer #1’s response is the honesty and transparency customers are always complaining they can’t get.

9 Likes

Yeah, @the5rivers that really is a pretty reasonable response. I wouldn’t call that ridiculous. For some dealers, thats just the policy.

3 Likes

Rookie mistake

4 Likes

Customer - “I want to pay XXX for this Odyssey”
Me - “I will have to pass unfortunately, a 21% discount on an Odyssey is not possible”
Customer - “Anything is possible”
Me - “Is it possible for you to pay more for this Odyssey?”
Customer - :rage:

42 Likes

:rofl:

10char.

1 Like

Dealer: We put in writing that we will match or beat any dealership’s price on an in stock vehicle, so we will NEVER be undersold.
Me: Heres a copy of the signed vehicle contract, can we agree on the same terms to purchase today on an identical instock unit?
Dealer: Michael Scott Voice “NO, JUST NO”

17 Likes

The reaction.

6 Likes

This was truly one of the funniest texts ever. I remember reading that and everyone on our entire team was dying! Especially since BMW of Encinitas (who the text was from) is in our market. :rofl:

That’s the best!

8 Likes

As the Internet Overlord sometimes you have to give the customer a good slap. My rap name is Chance the Slapper.

2 Likes

The one I get most often is “I can’t even get that discount as an employee!”. I laugh every time I hear/read that line. I wonder if it is part of a sale script somewhere.

5 Likes

isn’t that how most LH deals are accomplished until a salesperson gets broken from the harassment

Sometimes it’s true. I run a lot of loser deals for LH and they won’t lose money on employees. Employee handbook is $100 over invoice

5 Likes