Funniest/most ridiculous dealer replies you've ever gotten

Rookie mistake

4 Likes

Customer - “I want to pay XXX for this Odyssey”
Me - “I will have to pass unfortunately, a 21% discount on an Odyssey is not possible”
Customer - “Anything is possible”
Me - “Is it possible for you to pay more for this Odyssey?”
Customer - :rage:

42 Likes

:rofl:

10char.

1 Like

Dealer: We put in writing that we will match or beat any dealership’s price on an in stock vehicle, so we will NEVER be undersold.
Me: Heres a copy of the signed vehicle contract, can we agree on the same terms to purchase today on an identical instock unit?
Dealer: Michael Scott Voice “NO, JUST NO”

17 Likes

The reaction.

6 Likes

This was truly one of the funniest texts ever. I remember reading that and everyone on our entire team was dying! Especially since BMW of Encinitas (who the text was from) is in our market. :rofl:

That’s the best!

8 Likes

As the Internet Overlord sometimes you have to give the customer a good slap. My rap name is Chance the Slapper.

2 Likes

The one I get most often is “I can’t even get that discount as an employee!”. I laugh every time I hear/read that line. I wonder if it is part of a sale script somewhere.

5 Likes

isn’t that how most LH deals are accomplished until a salesperson gets broken from the harassment

Sometimes it’s true. I run a lot of loser deals for LH and they won’t lose money on employees. Employee handbook is $100 over invoice

5 Likes

You mean to tell me that in real life you wouldn’t be able to get the same discounts on “the loser deals for LH”?

This is super common. I think the only exception is when there are special deals straight from the manufacturer making you eligible for an employee lease.

1 Like

100%. My Mirai deal was a +1700. My Tundra was a 0; My Highlander was +550. Store policy is to not lose money on employees

2 Likes

Honda Dealerships don’t have any special pricing for employees (well, it is up to each dealership I suppose). My General Sales Manager’s deal he gave himself was only negative $200. If you work for Corporate Honda you get a voucher that gives a ridiculous discount, though.

1 Like

I broker deals for a good portion of the sales folks I work with at stores.

Especially if they work for a large parent company with 40 stores across various brands. Usually their employee deals are easy to beat.

Some brands, definitely not, though.

BMW employee deals always sound super strong!

3 Likes

Don’t be fooled. @Cody_Carter said it best. There’s plenty of LH deals I’ve done that were better than a CEL (Center Employee Lease). Pretty much anything in the Trophy Garage would qualify.

3 Likes

Sounds like employee deals are terrible and definitely not LH worthy.

1 Like

Unless you work for corporate. I used to know a couple of Porsche guys that were getting killer 1-year or 2-year leases…

I went $1,250 behind invoice on my Tacoma. Funny, I LHed mine.

3 Likes

One time a dealer got mad at me for test driving a non-Msport equipped model when I wanted to get Msport on the car…even though they didn’t have one with that package in stock at the time :rofl:

2 Likes