Off Topic Landfill 5

@Eric51, it’s not that you don’t have to own a garage of nice cars. It’s that you clearly can’t. Nothing wrong with that, you’ll make it one day. You have the tenacity of a donkey in doubling, tripling down on crap that is false - hopefully your ability to argue BS will get you to where you need to go one day. But as to your good taste, that’s where you truly fall short. You see, anyone who has “good” taste (and big brain for that matter) would not be driving a dressed up Audi Q5 while paying a Porsche premium for it. Any non teenage girl with good taste would not be driving a Tiguan, Jetta or Jeep Compass.

1 Like

But the subject of conversation is not about garage of cars one owns, it’s about cars per se, isn’t it? Some cars are ugly as hell, like modern BMWs. Others are pretty and age well, like Porsches. Anyone who is not a noob and hopeless amateur but has two shreds of competence and knowledge of Porsche’s history and engineering will save them from embarrassment that comes with such delusional assertion as “Macan is an Audi with Porsche badge”.

Get a real Porsche, then talk. Heck, get a non-base Macan, then talk. Until then, you are driving a dressed up Audi Q5, which is probably a better value anyways.
But as I have repeatedly said, anyone who wants to denigrate BMW, especially the X5, by injecting racially motivated innuendos no less, should not be the same person who is driving a Tiguan, Jetta, or Compass.

you have a base model macan if i stand corrected right? the cheapest car in the lineup?

You’d think he was Jerry Seinfeld with a collection of over 50 Porsche’s. No, he just got his stripped down base Macan because he couldn’t afford to get into a GLE.

See, you can’t make your stand focusing on the subject ,therefore you have to make it about your opponent and about his persona, who owns what and etc… That’s because you have emotional investment in your beliefs (not related to your brain function) and reflexively get mad at anyone who challenges those beliefs. I understand where you are coming from. But that doesn’t make plebeian taste good, new BMW or a skunk look pretty or rationalize a nonsense assertion such as “Macan is an Audi with Porsche badge” , which you would be heavily ridiculed for if you repeated in a circle of people who knew anything about Porsches and Audis.

Nah simply stating that we should consider the validity of the opinion based on the source. The source being the dude who flexes his proverbial muscles because he got a stripped-down base Macan yesterday, and is all of a sudden a Porsche connoisseur.

Can you scroll up, read your chaotic and emotional diatribe and then summarize in three lines what is it that you are asserting or arguing about?

Sure little Eric, I’ll help you out since you seem to be having a real hard time here.
If you believe the BMW X5 is ugly, and you think your Tiguan, Jetta, Compass and stripped down Macan (Audi) is nice, then you need to get your head examined. But this is not the only reason why you need to get your head examined.

Sure little Eric, I’ll help you out since you seem to be having a real hard time here.
If you believe the BMW X5 is ugly, and you think your Tiguan, Jetta, Compass and stripped down Macan (Audi) is nice, then you need to get your head examined. But this is not the only reason why you need to get your head examined.

So, this whole thing is actually about me, I am glad you admit it.

Now, do you have anything to say on the subject? I say new BMWs are ugly as hell (not saying you are ugly, or your wife is ugly or anything of sorts that would provoke a rational person to get upset). Now, do you assert that these hideous cars called BMW are pretty? If you do then prove it. Prove me that new BMWs are not ugly but are pretty, without making it a bitter diatribe about me. Once you do that we will move to the next subject.

The new BMW X5 is not ugly. The point I am making is that your taste in cars, as exhibited by your fleet of cars, does not make you a proper arbiter in what is considered ugly or nice. Let me see if this will help.

It’s like being a judge of a beauty contest when you look like this.

Do you get it now?

@jay3 See, that’s where your judgment fails. It’s a fallacy, to assume that BMW being ugly has anything to do with me, or that I must be Miss Universe to judge the aesthetic value of the car.

Do you get it now?

He’s a moron, what good could he do for Clutch?

You too are butthurt.

You realize you replied to a thread that’s 15 months old?

Spammer…

from Imgflip Meme Generator

Not saying that farqyarqy is a troll like Eric51 but you are commenting a lot lol

2 Likes

we have this they are called republicans.

not a surprise

hey thanks so much for letting me know about that.