Regrets, I've had a few... on my 2023 Porsche Cayenne Base Demo Lease

from Imgflip Meme Generator

3 Likes

@Eric51 on tinder with his $333 jeep

8 Likes

If thatā€™s your argument, that Porsche is Audi because you have 300HP under your hood, then this just proves the point: your job is to flip burgers. If you do anything other than that for a living then you are a hazard, to public and yourself.
On a separate note, 300HP is not a lot of power nowadays, more like ant piss when you compare to high end performance engines. if you have said you have got 1000HP one would be impressed by your engine (but not with your dribbling argument about Porsche Macan being Audi Q5).

To be honest, the 19-23 year old girls that I sell the same car that you drive to donā€™t care about the power or ā€œperformanceā€. They just like it because itā€™s cute. Not one of the cars I need to know performance details about, thatā€™s usually for M Car and 911 buyers.

Do you wear gloves when you drive your Macan? Just curious

9 Likes

Honestly, youā€™ll get used to the Cayenne after a while and appreciate the comfort versus the agility.
You can also take comfort in the fact that you are driving a V6 Cayenne and not a 4 cyl base Macan, AKA dressed up Audi Q5

Mehehehehe, got ya again :grin:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/off-topic-landfill-5/349359/6628

Please ask him what his other car is, and what his previous cars were. Please do it.

1 Like

When I stop by I want my burgers well done, French fries and soda supersized. Thank you.

To be fair, he also drives a Jeep Compass and had a Tiguan and Jetta (but not at the same time).

So thereā€™s that.

2 Likes

The 718ā€™s platform is exclusive although technically the 718 and 992 are on a shared platform (MMB). And I guess you can count the 918 and upcoming Mission X as well, but that is a different category of car.

Calling the Macan a rebadged Q5 isnā€™t exactly truthful. Porsche changes parts of the frame, suspension, engine, and other components. According to Porsche, the Macan is 80% unique to itself.

5 Likes

I figured youā€™d chime in, but yeah, a Macan is not rebranded Q5. Iā€™ve driven both, there is zero comparison especially in the steering/handling department. It really is amazing how well it drives.

I am not going to argue the engine to anyone, but coming from someone who has had cars that handle proper - X3M/F80 M3/G80 M3, etc, the Macan is really something impressive from that handling and engagement perspective.

3 Likes

If 300hp is like ā€œant pissā€ then your base Macan @ 261hp is like what exactly?

5 Likes

I donā€™t base my argument for one or another car on the number of HP under my hood.

Porsche badge is cooler, but for actually driving the cars X5 > Cayenne, X3 > Macan

Never forget that the MSRP difference on those SUVā€™s is directly attributable to Porsche having roughly ~2x the profit margins of BMW, not because of higher quality components.

1 Like

uhhhhā€¦but you did just that.

1 Like

Did what?

if you have said you have got 1000HP one would be impressed by your engine (but not with your dribbling argument about Porsche Macan being Audi Q5).

I want whatever you are smoking. BMWs donā€™t drive poorly, but they donā€™t drive better than their Porsche counterparts.

Plus when I sold BMWs, there were so many quality issues on new cars that we had to fix before delivery. From window switches not working to condensation in headlights. Plus, every car 4+ years old had an oil leak. Other than the lightweight glass in some 911s, I havenā€™t encountered any issues. And you are probably right in that the quality of the parts is similar, but one brand mass produces 2+ million cars a year and the other makes 300,000. I imagine the company making less can ensure higher quality and reliability.

5 Likes

Oh Iā€™d definitely never want to drive a BMW out of warranty :rofl:

For the price of a base Macan, you can get a X3 M40i, and thus you should do so. For the price of a Macan S, you can get a X3M, and thus you should do so. If you have $20k extra, sure, go for the Macan GTS and check all the performance upgrades, you got yourself a superior car.
Sure you can say a poorly equipped Macan is cheaper than X3 M40i, but why are you getting a bare bone base Porsche to begin withā€¦ Itā€™s a pay to play brand.

1 Like

The person looking at a Macan GTS has an extra $20k for it. The average Porsche buyer has a HHI in the $500k area ($350k for the Macan) vs $150k for BMW.

And that HHI is while I feel like it is comparing apples to oranges. BMW/Audi/MB vs Porsche. Tudor vs Rolex. Brooks brothers vs Loro Piana. Myrtle Beach vs Lake Como.

3 Likes