Off Topic Landfill 4

CA

What happened to all those posts a few days ago about another customer of leasecompanion getting screwed, this time getting tag teamed and kooned on top of it.

Those negative experiences of leasehackr using a broker should be preserved here in this thread, so people ordering 4xes know what they’re getting themselves into and can make an informed choice whether they still want to use that broker despite the negative experiences.

Disagree, they should definitely be relocated to “How to get a bad deal on a Wrangler 4xe”. Those have no place here. In all seriousness, we don’t have all the relevant facts, but there is a pattern emerging. That along with known credit factors that may cause this to happen is good information for everyone. But it ain’t our show, so go on and landfill me.

1 Like

There are review sections for every broker where you can read the good and bad. And if you recall in that scenario they were pretty happy with @AutoCompanion trying to help them out.

More importantly congrats on making some money in a declining market on your Sahara.

2 Likes

Yes, there are review sections for brokers. But this is a review/experience with a dealer. I think LC did right by his customer. But there’s a reason the terms Chap’d, Koon’d, Ourisman’d came to be. Nothing to do with brokers.

They got moved to Random jeep chatter.

Yeah fair point. When it’s a broker’s dealer it’s common courtesy to not make that dealers name public for people to go around a broker. At least for LC Koons won’t do leases outside of them.

But there’s potential value for some of the bigger dealers we deal with a lot. But at the same time there are other forums with hundreds of pages on the dealers who do a lot of deals with reviews and discount percentages and info. If you’re going to work with Koons research Koons. They certainly paid more for my 4xe than I deserved and have saved a lot of people a lot of money on orders.

I mean I’d think brokers should also keep a list of customers who are a pain in the ass so other brokers know to stay away. That would help keep the deals flowing vs letting Karens ruin it for the rest of us with 1 star surveys and berating dealer employees.

@4xedeal @Justin_B @harrydogyo
Yes, I moved a bunch to Random Jeep Chatter. I’ve been trying like hell to keep the jeep deal thread from being so ridiculously large, for one thing. As the OP stated, LC was solid and did what they could. That dealer has already had plenty negative posted. There is a review thread, as mentioned. And, we don’t know a damned thing about the OP’s credit situation, which is what the whole story hinges on. And, as someone else mentioned, the thread is supposed to be how to get a deal. If we start posting all the places to NOT get a deal, it will get more out of hand than it already is and nobody coming here fresh will find what they need.

2 Likes

Posted to wrong thread

all 4xe’s?

Sorry, wrong thread!

1 Like

Some positive Ourisman/Mitch experience for anyone that “took one for the team”, quoted from JL forum

“Picked up my 2023 Wrangler JLU Sport (Hydro!) from Mitch yesterday. Arrived three weeks earlier than the estimated delivery date and Mitch was on it the whole time! Could not have been an easier experience from beginning to end. I told him ahead of time I wasn’t financing and there was never any issue with that nor any pressure to do so. He provided an exact OTD price and it was honored (No add-ons!). I was driving away in a little over an hour after I came in with my new Jeep. This was my first time with a custom order and the experience couldn’t have been better. Thanks Mitch!”

Sorry, but quoting a complete unknown rando from a different website is not admissible evidence.

I will say the order process recently with him was positive both on the phone and e-mail.

I think his first round of orders he was over his head. The automated credit app ran some people it shouldn’t have and he couldn’t keep up with the level of communication and he’s made some corrections this time around. He clearly had help this time.

But I’d also say the “get your deposit back when the car sells” fall back is one of the most fair approaches and you’d hope could serve as an example for other orders where people worry about life changes causing them to lose $1k and dealers worrying about bogus orders.

The one issue is his marking up MF by half of what’s allowed. That will scare off most of the orders here.

It’s better than no evidence, I’ll take anything promising I can get, and I’m sure others who took the plunge will agree.

1 Like

I’ll accept a link to the original post, if that makes you feel better. At least then folks can read it for themselves from the original creator and then judge for themselves.

Nah it’s cool, just wanted to throw somewhat positive info out there

Lol thanks for your input. Sometimes I hate this forum. I asked for buyers not opinions.

2 Likes

Have you tried putting it up on bimmerpost?

Have you done a market research? Similarly equipped / lower miles go for ~60k. I understand you want to cash out on the ‘equity’, but this isn’t the right forum to do so.

7 Likes

It’s a nice car but I can tell you even full boat retail with extra blessings isn’t up there on these.

1 Like