HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Bought out 3 leases, and I’m in Pa.

1 Like

Sahara 4xe MSRP 57.3k
Sold to local dealership 53k

Offers
Allcars 53.2k but needed to schedule appointment for inspection and lack of LH reviews locked thread
Carmax 52k
Local dealership 52
Local dealership 51
Vroom 50
Clutch 49.5
Equityhackr 49
Mycarauction 48.8
True Car 48.6
CarBuyerUSA 48.6
GivemetheVin 47
Autonation 46.5
Carvana 46.4
Algo 43.5

2 Likes

For people who are flipping within days of delivery… are you going thru the hassle of adding the car to insurance or taking the advantage of 30 day window?

You can cancel and remove at any time, and you only pay for the time its on your policy. Just go for it, the hassle upfront may save you a huge headache in the future.

Not bad for a low-ish Sahara MSRP. What region?

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Contacted few local SoCal dealers over the weekend and one said $52,000 One said not interested and another still waiting on offer…

I did get a check today $216 from my March Rubicon Deal from LA dealer for overages paid T+TTL, so that was a nice surprise

1 Like

North or South CA? Jeep dealership?

Dealership wouldn’t let you to drive off their lot without the valid insurance. It is must! If something goes wrong, then who would be liable if there is no insurance.

Flippers, how does the Jeep dealership buy your lease before registration? I sold one in CA and the dealership called me today that they can’t buy without registration. I need to send them some tutorials :slight_smile:

Usually they get the title first and then you get the check, a bit of a wait but if you don’t need the $$$ right away, save some insurance payments and lease payments too

I’m fine with waiting. But they want me to take my Jeep back, finish registration, and sell it to them again.

Maybe it’s their preference, I have Non-Jeep dealers that would buy without registration

Seeking feedback - so I’m in a situation where I need to trade in my Rubicon. On the paperwork will the buyout offer they offer be the amount they deduct from the new car purchase or just the equity amount?

Meaning new car $80k
Rubicon trade $57k
Equals $23k for sale tax purposes.

Or

New car $80k
Rubi trade amount $57k less $52k buyout so only $5k for “ trade credit”
Equals $75k for sale tax purposes.

Thanks.

You will pay sales tax on 23k. I do have prior experience for the leased trade in FL. Rules might be different for other states.

1 Like

This varies significantly depending on what state youre in, if the trade is owned or leased, if the new vehicle is being purchased or leased, etc

Yup. For example CA does not give a sales tax credit for trade in. But at least you only pay sales tax on the lease payment and not the purchase price. Each state is different.

Got a $200 check from LA dealer today too. :+1:

2 Likes

No one can beat LA dealership. Myself, friends and family members got these checks from LA dealership also. Never ever in my 22 years of leasing history i have ever get a single cent back from any dealership. They could have easily kept it and we would have never known. Best folks in the South.

7 Likes

I got a $230 check back from Koons… who would’ve thought lol

3 Likes