HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

What a let down
Although the most “discounted” offer as of right now

Can’t say it’s an absolute let down yet, more of an order at your own risk, I did so I’ll find out for sure how it all works or doesn’t work out.

Tag me if I don’t see it I’m curious
“Refundable deposit when sold”
I’m gonna take a hit as well

Yes on running credit and confused. He does mark up MF, but is transparent about it. I don’t understand the need to run credit; i suggested he ask for a screenshot of a credit score instead. I might get Ourisman’d, though. No telling. No movement on the Sahara Reign, but I haven’t heard any progress on Reigns yet.

1 Like

Mitch runs credit checks, and they all come back saying deal can’t be funded too even though vehicles are built.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

What’s his excuse to cash purchases?

If you go cash, no need for credit app

2 Likes

Mine is a 4xE Sahara Reign and is scheduled for 9/16, a few other 4xE Reign Saharas scheduled for the same day from the JL forum. From what I can tell, they are all identical too, SOT, CWG, safety pkgs.

I have a pending one as well - no big issues so far - I got a letter saying they couldn’t extend credit, but that’s because they didn’t request any credit - no hard pulls, etc for me (though I think I have seen that happened to at least someone). Mine is supposed to arrive in mid-sept and then I’ll see for sure.

I sold my 2022 Jeep Rubicon Gobi with ~1300 miles to a local CDJR dealership this morning. 68k MSRP (67K POC, leather, cold weather, sky one touch). This was intended to be my keeper and sell my 2022 Sahara purchased in March but given the numbers I am keeping the Sahara. I started getting offers the same afternoon I registered it, so it may have hurt me on some of the automated appraisal systems not having anything on auto check, etc. I contacted most of the new dealers near me (all brands), and no one besides the CDJR dealerships seemed to be interested in the Jeep. I received quite a few low offers that would have been under my lease buyout which was around 54,500. I had a few of offers around 55-56k including one local Jeep dealer. I had quite a few in the 47-53k range. The other local to me (Midwest) CDJR dealer offered 60k and I stopped looking. I am happy to have this one sold ahead of the 2023 starting to show up in the wild. If anyone is interested in who offered what I can DM it to you.

5 Likes

When did they receive your brother’s paperwork? They received mine last Wednesday and I’m still waiting for funding.

Last Friday

I had a dealer demand to run credit when writing a check for the difference. Really ticked me off. Excuse was “potential fraud” and demanded my wife’s ID too (even though she wasn’t on it). Other dealers didn’t care.

1 Like

This may be a first. I sold my Jeep before I got the Welcome to Chrysler financial welcome email :joy:. I received my packet from Gupton to register it yesterday however noticed it was not funded yet, thanks to help from @Bigtuna to help me navigate I was able to reach someone in funding and they put me on hold and funded it on the spot. It took overnight for the account to show and I sold it that same morning. Sold at 10 am and received my welcome to Chrysler financial at 5 pm :joy:

7 Likes

Did you reach someone at CCAP that was able to fund it? Did you just call the customer service line? I’ve got plates, but I’m still not funded…

a 2022 68k MSRP you sold it for 60k. wow… the market is dead now

Another data point
22 Rubi $62K MSRP stripper, cloth, safety and painted fenders - $57K Midwest.

3 Likes

In northeast I can’t even get that for the same MSRP

Your mileage may vary, I called the funding department and then follow the prompts that you are a new customer not existing. The person introduced themselves as being in the funding department then I just inquired the status of why my vehicle did not show in my account yet. I let them know I purchased it 8/6 and received all the paperwork from the dealership required to register/title the vehicle which I completed, she put me on a 3-5 minute hold and informed me of my new account number and informed she she funded it while I was on hold. When I informed her I still didn’t see the account listed she mentioned it takes time for the systems to update. This morning the account was visible and I was able to obtain payoff information.

1 Like