If you had to get a car today…

Interested in build to order most likely and many brands taking 3+ months currently.

1 Like

I would start a new thread and ask that exact question.

Not a question, but a known fact if you look into ordering vs random stock.

That’d have to be done this year though wouldn’t it? Based on that other thread, I’m sure others are more informed than I am on what’s going on with those folks in DC on the EV tax credit topic.

The only reason the current $7500 tax credit would come to an end is it they pass something else to replace is starting Jan 1. If they don’t, it just continues on.

2 Likes

Every 70-120 posts someone has to repeat what we’ve already said…

1 Like

Ah, got it. Thought one could run the risk of not being eligible if something passed in 2022.

Well, there’s plenty of debate to be had regarding the legality of ex post facto tax laws, should they pass something later in 2022 that’s retroactive, but technically, that wouldn’t be limited to only going back to 1/1/22.

over it dead horse GIF

The EV credit thread

4 Likes

I’m going from a $299 Tundra lease, and looking at purchasing a 2022 Tundra or Denali. I figure it cost me a little over $7k to drive it for two years.

If I can get one of those for around $60k and drive it for 2-4 years, I will have a similar cost of ownership. Not really what I want to do, but not an optimal market by any stretch right now.

Start working for a dealer that has a manufactorer supported employee lease program and after 3-6 months of working, that sweet lease deal can be yours.

2 Likes

Are you hiring at the Porsche dealership?

2 Likes

7 sales people and 9 new cars in stock, so no.

12 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Porsche dealers are not supposed to charge over MSRP. I got a panamera hybrid for MSRP in May

…Says who?

1 Like

I could not find a good lease for the cars I wanted. I bought a service loaner, certified pre-owned, 2021 Subaru Outback Limited XT for 8% less than MSRP plus taxes and fees. Less than 5000 miles, bumper-to-bumper warranty has 6 months less than the full 36 months, but it has a lifetime power train warranty and I paid about 8% less than MSRP plus taxes and fees. I’m much better prepared for winter driving with the safety features. No comparison to an Audi A4 but Subie OB’s hold their value and this one drives nicely with the turbo.

1 Like

Congrats on the new ride! But for everyone else it’s important to note that Subaru’s CPO powertrain warranty is 7yr/100k

Anything beyond that is probably something the dealer made up

Any dealer with a Turbo S or GT3 proves that wrong.

2 Likes