If you had to get a car today…

I think I follow but could you expand?

1 Like

If you lease and during your lease the bubble pops, you walk away. If not, you buy it out and sell it (or roll positive equity into new lease…)

6 Likes

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

As I put 18 gallons of $4.99 super unleaded in tonight, I was missing my CMAX (which like the Volt took 87 and got 40+ mpg)

5 Likes

Get a Tesla :grin:

5 Likes

you’d have an easier time getting a meeting with the pope than you would getting a RAV4 Prime.

4 Likes

@derekoh1991 has a few coming in.

1 Like

I already did it. Bought a Mach-e last week for cash. Paid $48,059 OTD. Will claim $7500 tax credit, and already have $50,500 offer to take it off my hands. I’m not ready to sell, but pretty darned sure I’ll still be OK by the time one of my ordered vehicles arrives to replace it.

11 Likes

My man. :ok_hand:. I toyed with the idea for a bit as well, but I haven’t made any moves (yet, anyway lol). The Mach-e isn’t bad to drive (the torque is grin-provoking) but I just can’t get around the looks. Then again, if it yields a break even or profitable ownership… who cares!

1 Like

I like the looks. It is a very nice vehicle. I’ve been quite impressed. It is definitely HEAVY, though.

4 Likes

I think the overall profile of the rear is what really gives me a bad taste. The rest of the vehicle isn’t horrible. How has the range been so far? I think they’re rated for around 200 miles(?).

Did you get it at MSRP? If so that’s great for this market. Which trim did you get and how do you like it?

1 Like

I don’t drive enough right now to test the range. And I stomp on the go pedal all the time. Even at that, after driving home from the dealership, which is 40 mins/30 miles away, it said I still had 85% battery.

I got a base Select AWD with only the white pearl tricoat upcharge. Straight MSRP plus $359 doc fee and $390’ish title/reg. No tax on EVs in NJ helps a lot.

Like I said, I have been really impressed. From inside, I think it feels much like a BMW in terms of solidity and materials.

3 Likes

I followed @Qbrozen 's advice and did the same. Bought a Mach-e at MSRP (about 48k out the door with no tax in NJ).

Selling anywhere near MSRP should be no problem and the tax rebate is the bonus.

5 Likes

I can’t get to anywhere near MSRP in Cali. I have 15-20k equity in my Etron but can’t stomach paying over msrp I have a reservation for the lightning. Let’s see how that goes.

You guys did great.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost a no-brainer if you’re able to avoid the sales tax. I could get one at MSRP, but I would have to eat the sales tax for my state. One would still come out ahead once you factor in the $7,500.

1 Like

I’m 6 months from my 2019 XC90 lease ending. By this point in a lease I’m starting to shop and eyeing new cars. But in this market, after leasing my last 5 cars for 15 years, I am STRONGLY considering just buying out my XC90. Can’t find anything else I like the same or better than what I have. Only 24k miles, about 8-10k of positive equity, and I still love the XC90. I know the equity will drop to normal at some point but just not interested in battling for a new car.

8 Likes

My lease is due in Jun’22. I have no plans on keeping mine, but torn on what to get next as I’m being picky (debating buying vs leasing this round).

1 Like

Jun 22? There is going to be a bunch of cars released by then…start worrying about it then, not now.

1 Like

Released? Maybe. On dealer lots? Probably not.

Yes but why worry about Car Inventory 6 months from now? Start checking about 1 month before for stock, picking a car ‘now’ is not going to do anything unless that guy will be special ordering 6 months ahead, and you can order usually any car (maybe not a Tesla) Look at Cody, he’s got a bunch of cars coming in Dec and he had almost nothing 2 months before.