BMW 330i M Sport NorCal Plus TrueCar/Passport Corporate Buying Discount

Hmm… I kind of fudged the fees at the bottom so that it matches their breakdown on the site, then adjusted the MF and got to their monthly number. So my guess is the MF is sliiiiightly up. .00098 instead of .00093.

Couple things on the calc.

1. $1500 should be in taxed incentives. Also general lease cash on the 330i is $1500 right now, everyone gets that. Corporate fleet on the 300i is $500 right now (I’m not sure if this is the perk you’re referring to).

2. Gov fees are still the default.
    this site will allow you to get more accurate fees: Registration Fees - California DMV

Bmw dealers almost always mark up in multiples of .0001. Usually .0002 or .0004. It’s unlikely they’ve marked it up by .00005.

1 Like

Sure, this is a fudge job to be certain.

OK, so I wonder if the employee discount is messing with me. If everyone gets 1500, then where is the Passport/TrueCar incentive being factored in? I think this added element is screwing up my ability to calculate this deal using the normal systems. I’m going to call Passport tomorrow and find out what I need to know about evaluating deals and how their perk gets applied. Better to talk to them than the dealership of course.

Its possible this special incentive is just a pre-negotiated dealer discount, rather than a standalone incentive like lease cash ($1500), loyalty/corporate fleet ($500), penfed ($500), OL ($500-$1000), etc.

1 Like

This is most likely the case. That was how my older employer that got a true car discount was.

1 Like

Just dug the information out and you’re right. It’s a replacement for negotiation. So, assuming this deal is locked in stone (unless maybe I adjust the mileage down to 10k) does this feel like a pass to you?

How does this compare to deals in the shared deals and marketplace listingd you have researched?

Not great at all compared to this one: 2021 BMW 330i Lease - $433/month + $2500 DAS - Good Deal?

Seems better than this one: Deal Check! 2021 BMW 330i - Portimao Blue Metallic + M Sports Package

Comparable but not quite as good as this one: Quote check new 2021 BMW 330i - Good deal?
“If you can get 11% off MSRP + buy rate MF + all incentives, take the deal and run.”
This particular one is a car that starts out 5k cheaper than the one I’m looking at. Also, I adjusted his incentives to match mine (took away his recent college grad status), then added 7 MSDs to mine, and they wound up at the same score exactly.

Searching before the summer chip madness:

This one is a custom order with 12% off MSRP before incentives: Deal Check: 2021 BMW 330i xDrive

This one has that funky Autonation sheet. The sales price is fine, and someone plugged those numbers into the calculator and got a deal with the same score as mine, but the sheet has a lease payment that sucks, I guess because Autonation is sleepy.: 2020 BMW 330i premium package -- wondering if I should try bargaining more?

This one seems better than mine, but he’s got a residual value I can’t touch (61 vs 58). I admit I’m a bit too smooth brain to translate this into the calculator but as I get closer it’s got a 9.5 score compared to my 8.4. Good deal on 2019 330i?

Just found this one with the same calc score (thereabouts) as what I’ve got: Signed 2021 BMW 330i Sedan, CA $447/m $2338 DAS

I dug into the calc score and what gives him a better score than what I’ve approximated is 8.25% tax instead of 9.25% which I thought was default for CA.

Comment consensus is that it’s good for this era, but not good overall, which is probably the information I needed most. What this means I think is that I should sit tight for a better market next year. If the market is the same next year, then I guess I got that Scotty Kilmer bonus of having driven my car and its level depreciation curve another year, reaching 6 total.

The calculator score is as useless as the 1% rule.

The only useful thing to compare is pre-incentive discount adjusted for buy rate

So basically what this sounds like is the just under 11% pre incentive discount is good but not great, with the corporate perks taking the place of traditional incentives that I don’t have access to. So while it’s not a robbery it’s an OK deal in a bad environment, so probably worth passing on until things stabilize. Then I could theoretically hammer them harder on MSRP plus wait for an incentive to sweeten the deal.

May be able to sign up for an UDE to more than likely get another $500 off assuming it stacks with the corporate perks ( you would need to verify or look at Incentive Matrix in the BMW wiki ). What incentive are you thinking is coming that your would qualify for in the future that you don’t now? Honestly 11% off at buy rate in the current environment, i’d probably take it. In theory you can hammer away and in the same theory they can say no. Could you get to 12% probably…I don’t think your getting much past that.

Are you also counting on your current car to go up or stay the same in the above “wait it out” scenario? If you get to 13% but your current equity drops to a $1,000 then your at basically the same spot you are now.

1 Like

You make an excellent point. I think $1k loss is likely on my current one. It was at like 16 before and now it’s more like 18-19. So it could tank.

Signed up for a UDE event in August. Otherwise I’d be waiting for one of their seasonal specials or something.

With this deal I imagine I could get a firm lease factor number, then maybe make MSDs and dial the mileage down to 10.

Keep in mind the mf and rv are subject to change or be adjusted on a monthly basis. The base BMW mf I believe inched up from .00086 to .00093 either last month or the month before. Obv we do not have a crystal ball though at current inventory rates I wouldn’t expect a drop anytime soon on mf.

Most on here will tell you MSD’s is a solid ROI should you have the cash to do it. As for the mileage it’s almost always more cost effective to get what you need up front than to pay for it on the back end or buy it half way through. If you can get by with 10k then def go that route.

1 Like

Used someone else’s fee structure and inputted this deal, and I think the missing element is in fact the MF. I cranked it up from .00093 base to 0.00103 and that gets it to the same number they’re showing. I’m clearly missing something but at this point with all the knobs twiddled it seems to me like the MF is higher than minimum.

What webpage are you using for your company’s “deals”? Are dealers required to give you those deals? Have you gotten any actual offers from dealers yet?

It’s Passport Unlimited, which is a corporate employee car buying perk, run through TrueCar. I spoke to the dealer over email and he confirmed that it’s on the table. However I am slow-walking it because I need to test the actual model. The car in question is in the city where test-driving is pointless, so I’m waiting on one to arrive near me so I can give it a proper test.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.