Sold one to CARVANA!

Glad to hear. Can I ask how long it took for you to get your check?

Carvana usually pays on the spot.

1 Like

Yes. Check was handed to me immediately

1 Like

QX60 equity and some laughed a few months ago on the possibility. Congrats!

Do you have details of what you traded and equity extracted from Carvana?

I have a base QX60 Pure due in March and until a few weeks ago assumed would be an automatic lease turn in with no equity chance

I had a 2018 qx60. Premium plus, upgrade paint and 20" wheels. 25,600 miles. My buy out was $27,640 including tax and all fees. Bought out on 10/12. Sold to Carvana for $36,868 on 11/4.

3 Likes

They are picking up our 78k-mile 2014 Town & Country Limited tomorrow. They were highest by $3k! Paying us $15,800 for it. That’s NUTS.

1 Like

I put in my K5 gt line with premium package earlier this week just of curiosity. Buyout is 25338 and they offered 34000. I’m not sure what to do, mostly because I know I won’t get as great of a deal as I did with this one (275/month with $0 DAS). That said, 9k is way too much money to leave on the table, even after taxes.

I have a 2022 Cadillac XT6 I tried to get an offer on from Carvana and they won’t even do it without me providing them the window sticker. They want me to go to a website and download it and send it to them but it costs money to get it…WTF? I’m not paying money to get a quote. None of the other car buying services asked for a window sticker. Got quotes from everyone except Carvana.

You don’t have the window sticker?

1 Like

No, I don’t. I bought the car 3 months ago. Why would I keep the window sticker? I’ve never had anyone ever ask for it.

1 Like

Idk, most of the time they just get folded up and put in the glovebox…

4 Likes

Another Carvana WTF moment was their not being able to value a 2022 model on their website. After requesting a “manual” valuation they came back with easily the…. Lowest.

To me it’s not a big deal that they have to run a manual appraisal on a 2022 model…but don’t expect me to go out and PAY to get my window sticker and send it to you. You’re the car buyer, you pay to get the window sticker. Bunch of idiots!

Got an email from Carvana stating they cannot purchase my leased vehicle through KIa or Hyundai.

Model: 2011 Ford Escape XLT
Mileage: ~65,000
MSRP: $~27,000
Company leased it for 2 years for me and I bought the car at $18,430 when lease ended in 2013.

Around 2018 I received an offer from local Ford dealership to buy this car at $8,500 and I almost sold it.

Earlier this month I compared different sites and got following offers:

• Carvana = $10,400
  • KBB = $7,800
  • Vroom = $6,442
  • CarMax = $6,100

It was a no brainer for me to go with Carvana’s offer. The rest of the story is the same as most of others: Submit required documents online and schedule inspection time/date. They allowed me to reschedule the inspection date and time. Today the inspector came over, and the whole process was less than 30 minutes (including signing the documents and 2 minutes drive test)! I got the check right away with the same amount as appraised.

Unfortunately, I see a lot of unfinished sales. I spent 24k to buy a Civic-Si, and if they give me 28k, then how they make money, I still don’t understand. There may be tax breaks, but I am very pleased with the offer I received. Carmax also whispered to me that they said I could no longer make deals. I think you are wrong.

I’m not really sure this thread needs another glowing Carvana review but why not?

Model: 2015 Mazda 3 iTouring (owned outright w/title in hand)
Mileage: ~35,000
MSRP/Purchase Price: $~21k/$18.5k
Carvana Sale Price: $18,077 (!!!)
Condition: Dings and deep scratches on bumpers and passenger side doors but mechanically perfect (the persons first car)

The process was unbelievably easy. I had been getting quotes from all of the major car buyers here and there but Carvana seemed to add money every time I quoted it. When the quotes finally broke $18k I thought it was way too good to be true so I pulled the trigger and scheduled the inspection. They came, did a quick walk around and started the car. Then pulled out the paperwork which took five minutes to complete and initiated an ACH transfer on the spot. The car sat on the street for three days and the money actually arrived before the car was picked up, but I presume that was down to the thanksgiving holiday.

All in all, the process couldn’t have been easier. I’m still astounded the car was driven for six years and 35k miles, and was purchased for $400 less than it was bought for. This market doesn’t make any sense!

Can anyone confirm that they don’t buy Kia leases anymore? Got an offer of $24500 for my 2021 Forte GT. Dealer Payout (I called Kia) is $21k.

Edit: Carvana chat confirms.
Please note, we do not buy out leases through Ford Motor Credit, Ally, GM Financial, US Bank, Honda/Acura, Hyundai/Kia, Nissan/Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, Lincoln, Tesla, or Volvo, nor those within 30 days of the maturity date.

Sold my 2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum with 29k miles for a shy over $49k!

OP Lease post: 2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum AWD $462/mo + VA tax 36/15k 6k MSD + 1st mo. DAS

Overall the process took a lot longer than expected. I got an unbelievable offer of $49.2k from Carvana for this car. I immediately paid off the car but Volvo took their sweet time sending the title. DMV was a bit difficult to work with in VA to get the title in my name. They wanted to see I paid the taxes to purchase the car but the letter did not include the tax amount, only my last statement did which they would not accept without Volvo’s signature.

Regardless, the process was about 5 weeks. The price expired once but I called them and they honored the price. The new price generated was 3k lower, but they honored it because we were already in the process of submitting everything.

They were also nice enough to meet me about 25 miles from my house even though the local Carvana is over 150 miles away and was out of their range. The inspector looked over the car, did a test drive in the parking lot, and handed me the check after signing a couple things. About a 25 min process.

2 Likes

What area in VA are you?
You paid cash, I guess?
Very helpful info - same car, same state :slightly_smiling_face:
Would your original lease satisfy DMV re: sales tax? It is clearly there.