Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Got this offer yesterday. Before tax I paid $24,000 for this car a two weeks ago. I have no idea what’s going on. I purchased this car off the lot with relatively little effort and probably even left a few bucks on the table.

3 Likes

The problem is, until they start going personally after people making those decisions, those fines are just cost of doing business.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t have bought I Hyundai back then. They have improved exponentially.

1 Like

Just saw 2(!) today within minutes. At Costco :slight_smile:

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Carvana offered me 55k for my Kia Telluride that I bought for 46k half a year ago.

Total insanity.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Not exactly used car pricing related, but some automakers (like Stellantis) are jacking up destination fees.

1 Like

It’s been happening for a while.

“We expect prices to remain high until the inventory pipeline is refilled, which may take another year to return to more normal levels”

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sold one to CARVANA!

I think this to Malaysian plants are back to 100%: Morgan Stanley says the semiconductor chip shortage for the auto industry is nearly over.

4 Likes

That doesn’t mean dealers will be going back to giving cars away in a hurry. Especially if they have to eat the corresponding decrease in value for used cars.

2 Likes

Agree. Recovery always takes more time. It may be a year before we can start seeing some decent deals again.

Does it mean I should sell my second car now? Assuming I don’t really need a second, and kept it so far just in case.

Not a used car… but…

17 Likes

I really hope we see a $2000 a month Rav4 pop up on SAL in a year.

4 Likes

Downtown Toyota of Oakland certainly has balls of steel.

3 Likes

Wow I sold one at 8k over msrp and thought the buyer was crazy for spending $65k all in on a rav4!

8 Likes

Look how much money you left on the table!

5 Likes