Sold one to CARVANA!

Yes, they spent about 10 minutes checking out my vehicle, handed me some paperwork and the check and I was done. I think it took them a couple of hours to get a tow truck to take it away, but it was “theirs” once I signed and left.

:+1: thanks

I sold my leased Lexus rx450 to carvana on Monday. It was an easy transaction and I got a $10,000 check.

However when I check Lexus financial services web site today , there is no change in the lease yet. My next payment is due Oct 28, I hope carvana takes the car over before that.

Any experience in lease takeovers , how long does it take usually?

Thanks

It won’t matter - Lexus financial will refund you any payments that happen to post after the vehicle changed hands.

You’re right, i just read that theyve stopped allowing 3rd party buyouts since 10/1!

Looks like i got in just in time with my buyout on 09/27! Makes sense they would want to keep any inventory in their network during these crazy times.

Sold my 2021 Lexus GX460 to carvana was really easy actually took only about 5 minutes and all good to go got a check for 11,270 carvana was higher then all other online buying services

1 Like

sold my 2019 volkswagen e-Golf for $27k. Very easy experience, would recommend.

2 Likes

My qx60 is due at the end of the month
Buy out is 27.8k plus taxes and dealer doc fees
Carvana offered 33.8k
Kbb values car at 33-36k

Do I need to buy out the Infiniti fully first before selling to 3rd party? And in the case I flip the car, am I still liable for taxes?

Yes you need to buy out first. You will need to pay taxes on the vehicle as well when you buy out from Infiniti. Plus keep in mind you’ll need to wait around 30 days to get title before you can sell to Carvana. In that time your offer could change.

You could try to sell it to an Infiniti dealer. It might be a low ball offer but not having to deal with taxes and tags and the DMV might make it worth it.

1 Like

My offer from Carvana nets me $9,200. The infiniti dealer offered me $500 if they bought it directly.

For 9k it’s probably worth the gamble. Just keep in mind it could be a month before you get the title etc. either way good luck!

I already got title. Bought the car on the 12th of October. Got title on October 28th. Dealer did a digital title registration at dealership instead of mailing and waiting for DMV to mail back.

I have delt with three different car buying service- they all want to do the right thing.

Just sold my 2019 E-golf to Caravan for $26,574

Winner winner.

They’re gonna cut a $3600 check to buy from me

Option 1: 27/28k residual, $699 dealer doc fees, $2400 tax plus dmv fee. $31,220 all included buy out
If I sell to carvana, I profit 2.6k. Private seller will probably gross me 4.5k but it would definitely be a hassle

Option 2: dealer buys from me directly. appraised 31.5k value. So they pay me the difference $3642 and I skip the buying, waiting for title and selling process

I like option 2! Thanks!

Now, does bmw allow 3rd party buy outs? :joy:

Not any more

How does tax work for this? Are you in cali? Curious if u end up paying tax twice (once to buyout at lease end, and again to sell)

In Michigan. I only paid tax when purchasing/buying lease out from Infiniti. No tax when I sold to carvana.

Just wanted to provide a summary of my experience with carvana. It was really smooth and easy transaction. They barely inspected the vehicle and I got exactly what was agreed to in my check. Overall I was very happy with the process and with the profit I was able to make on my QX60.

1 Like