Signed: 2021 Porsche Taycan 4S $1542/month with $1542 OOP

Helped my uncle out with this one. I think it’s a decent deal for a Porsche, but not a unicorn by any stretch. I figure it might be a useful point of reference for anyone interested.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
MSRP: $126,910
Selling Price: $117,074 (7.75% off)
Monthly Payment: $1,542
Drive-Off Amount: $1,542
Months: 42
Annual Mileage: 7,500
MF: 0.002
Residual: 51%
Incentives: $7500 (Fed rebate) + $2532 (WTP)
Region: NY
Leasehackr Score: 7.5 years

600x-

17 Likes

Not a bad discount on a new Porsche. The $7500 federal rebate helps make it a “decent” deal on a $100k car. Your uncle’s total lease cost appears to be $66,306.

Do you recall the numbers on a 36 month lease?

1 Like

7.75% sounds pretty decent on a Taycan. I assume many of these are still going for full MSRP.

I believe the residual bump on 36 months brings the payment to about $1595. The 6 month pull ahead helps in this situation, assuming another Porsche is on the future horizon.

1 Like

The Tycans have been leasing terribly and there’s an abundance of them across the country. I think they’ll be dropping sooner then later.

2 Likes

@AutoCompanion showed me the discounts once maybe on a DM, definitely can be had under MSRP, some discounts were decent percentage wise but of course Porsche charges for everything.

3 Likes

I disagree about them leasing terribly. The $7500 fed credit makes them much more competitive than the Model S.

this month’s leases on remaining 2020s were very very good, and even better in nj w no tax.

3 Likes

No sir!!!

To OP, well done, enjoy! As others have mentioned this month there were subvented MFs and decent RVs for remaining 20s.

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Trouble was finding the right leftover 2020. The ones I came across were either spec’d on the very low end or on the very high end, not much in between. A few demo options out there too but was told by some that those were ineligible for the $7500 credit. Unsure about that. No tax in NJ does sting a bit though.

1 Like

Congratulations to your Uncle! Pics in the Trophy Garage

2 Likes

The federal tax credit applies to purchases, not a lease. That’s why Ford is offering a balloon-payment loan on their Mach E so the customer can access it. A few credit unions (PenFed for example) have a similar loan that works like a lease.

Holey Moley!!! Make sure your uncle writes you into his will. Congrats.

2 Likes

Anyone knows when the Costco Porsche discounts come out?

10 Likes

Porsche passes it through as a lease credit, hence why it’s listed under the rebates on this deal.

3 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Looks like you possibly missed out on one incentive that I don’t see here, it’s not much, but NYS Drive Clean Rebate can be used on 36/mo+ leases. Looks like it would have been $500.

Naturally this is only available at participating NYS dealers, at which I was not able to go a penny above 6% off. I wouldn’t even get a call back after telling them I had about 8% elsewhere. Ultimately the 2 extra points outweighed the $500 rebate.

1 Like

Slightly related and I know this is just speculation, but do we think the new Audi e-tron GT is going to be more lease friendly compared to Taycan, just because Audi vs Porsche?

Looks good. Could barely get 3% in California

1 Like