2022 Porsche Cayenne Deal - Good or Bad?

In Maryland the tax is the same whether you lease or buy (6% of the selling price).

In other words, no tax savings by leasing.

2 Likes

Wow this looks like an awful deal. $2264 effective monthly is starting to get into Bentayga territory. You’d have gotten an X5M Competition lease and saved hundreds.

You also probably could’ve financed a Cayenne S or even a lightly optioned GTS for this monthly.

Thanks for the honesty.

Username check out. Bankers are ordering new brightwork on their yachts.

2 Likes

You need to double check the base money factor. .0021 has not been available for a few months. Also should $7500 is a rebate/cap cost reduction and passed along to the customer, not the dealer. As for the discount, they are probably doing that since there are pocketing the rebate. A hybrid sells for over MSRP all day long.

2 Likes

@CayenneCrazy
I can confirm that the dealer does not get the $7.5k, and the bank does pass it along to the customer.

Basically the dealer here sold you the car at $4,500 above sticker plus the money factor bump.

How do you know the Taycan and Cayenne follow the same program?

I have not read about a single bank differentiating between models when it comes to passing through an EV rebate. Have you?

Also, @wam22 who is the Porsche guy here confirmed it on the post right before mine.

1 Like

so why didnt you buy it and then 179 it?? this is awful lol.

3 Likes

@aronchi There is still time. It has only been three days.

yeah i don’t think you’ll get them to unwind it.

1 Like

You are definitely correct. It has only been 4 days so I can rectify this position and come out on top. Just pay it out right.

Not sure what you mean. I could just pay it off. it has only been 4 days since closing.

you can, sure.

What will that accomplish?

well for one thing, he won’t be paying 8% interest?

He listed MF as .0027 on the post but .0035 on the deal link. Paying it off will deal with the interest but he still left money on the table.

Just don’t see how this will be possible.

i would have guessed auction on these would be super strong. i don’t think that’s the case, though.

Idk what possesses people to run out and lease a car and then ask for feedback after the fact.

If you can afford the payment, drive your car and enjoy it!!! If you were concerned about the money, you wouldn’t have signed it, right?

7 Likes

Have you contacted them to see if you could redo the deal as financed and at what interest rate? As soon as it is titled, you will not be able to claim the tax credit, even if you buy out the lease immediately. Maybe if they haven’t filed the paperwork then you could get them to redo it… but honestly, if you’re buying a $117k car, is $7500 worth the trouble (especially if the terms change to keep their profit)?