Signed - 2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Mom (Loaner) 36/12 - $429 monthly, $429 DAS, $4500 MSDs

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum
MSRP: $60675
Monthly Payment: $ 429.48
Drive-Off Amount: $ 429.28 + $4500 MSDs
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12000
MF: .00091
Residual: 60% minus loaner mileage penalty (2975 * .2) = $35,810
Incentives: $1250 Costco + $3300 lease cash
Region: NC
Leasehackr Score: 12.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Click here

Huge thanks to all those that pitched in and answered questions in my other thread. Reached out to every dealer within driving distance that was advertising loaner XC90s and this dealership’s initial offer was basically 16.5% off (pre-incentive) but with a marked up MF so thought that was a pretty good start. This was a Thunder Grey loaner with 2,975 miles on it. We weren’t really picky on the color but really liked the Thunder Grey once we saw it in person.

Got them to offer buy rate MF, cut half of their “add-on” fees, and initially agreed to an estimated deal of $451 monthly, $451 DAS, $5000 MSDs. I couldn’t get them to budge on their $799 admin fee but decided the deal was where I wanted it so I’d just suck it up. The numbers came back from Volvo financial better (don’t really understand how…lowered the dealer fees in the calc to account for the lower monthly/MSDs) so that was a win. DAS is actually first month’s payment + MSD but the leasehackr calc link assumes $0 (first month rolled in) for simplicity’s sake. I wish I would have had loyalty/first responder (another $1250 in NC) and this would have been smoking!

Again, huge thanks to the community, this place is a wealth of information and can pay off dividends if you’re willing to put in the modest amount of work required to learn. I had just started browsing the forum when I “hacked” my first lease on a Kia Sorento but have been watching the threads weekly since then to get ready for our next lease when the Kia is due for return. Really happy with this deal and love the whip!

17 Likes

:+1: Always happy to help guide those willing to put in the effort

2 Likes

Phenomenal deal, congrats

1 Like

Well done, the community is great here if you’re willing to learn and put in some effort. I never thought leasing made sense until I stumbled onto this forum and started reading.

1 Like

Great job. The Thunder Grey looks awesome. Glad we could help out and enjoy the car!

2 Likes

Great color and car. PM’ed.

1 Like

Great deal!

1 Like

Thunder Grey is the best Volvo color option (except the matte paint, maybe!). Congrats on a beautiful car and a great deal.

1 Like

Hi, congrats on getting this awesome deal. I joined this community today and still in the learning process of hacking a deal and getting the best out of it. I am in the process of negotiating a loaner XC90 T6 with my local dealer and wondering if the $1250 Costco cash applies on leasing loaners? Because technically the loaners are registered with the dealer and are not considered unregistered. Correct me if I am wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Costco applies to loaners, for another couple of days

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully I can negotiate and get the deal done by Tuesday!

You mean Costco rebate is not going to get extended in july?

1 Like

Correct. Stock up on bulk Volvo deals now while you can.

3 Likes

Congrats DR. Nice color.

1 Like

Awesome. I need a deal like this.

Well, today is June 30th, you’ve gotta move fast or wait for july programs, costco will expire tonight, and that eliminates 1250 in cash. Lease cash is expected by dealers to be reduced (talked to a GM yesterday).

Shoot for a loaner, post your details, or ask a broker next month.

Can someone explain how the Costco discount works? Do they actually pay the dealership the 1250 or is it just an arbitrary discount that they tack on to the other discounts and pretend you got something special?

It’s an extra incentive unrelated to your other discounts.

Is it possible to share the dealer info, @DrChimRichalds? I am located in PA and feel I’ve either upset all my local dealers with offers they don’t want to think about, or I can’t find a great loaner option at a payment level like this. If they will ship to my door, doesn’t matter to me if they are in NC!

Sweet deal! My friend got at $600 all in for $63k msrp, and I spent a ton of time to get him in that price. Is it possible to share dealer info?