Yet Another 2020 XC90 Thread

Yep, in NC. I feel like I don’t have any leverage to push on this further but may try when I speak with them on the phone tomorrow. It’s a pain in the ass, for sure.

My partner is near you and went to the same dealer. He wont pay those fees. Ill try another way or he will skip Volvo. They gave him the same line. I say play hard and they will drop it.

Rob

Try negotiating a larger discount instead of trying to remove those line items.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s what his dealer does when he tells him he will remove $799 dealer fee.

1 Like

Alright, so looks like this saga is coming to an end Saturday. Pushed and pushed and got them to drop the $400 “protection package” but they were not budging on the admin fee. I sent the deal breakdown to all 12 dealers I had been in contact with regarding T6 loaners around $60k MSRP and not a single one was willing to match or beat the pre-incentive discount so looks like this is good as it’s going to get, as time is running out on the June incentives.

Final calculator below: ($60675 MSRP loaner with 3500 miles, $451 monthly including tax, 0 DAS, $5k MSDs)

Thanks all for the help/advice along the way!

1 Like

With a dealer that is adamant about the fee, it is usually easier to just negotiate more discount. Either way, @DrChimRichalds has a solid deal (Thunder Grey is also a really nice color) considering the times and inventory levels. You could push for more discount or a waived dealer fee/protection package, but there is not much else to do.

I guarantee you can get that $399 fee removed. tell them its a dealbreaker.

Yeah, exactly. I’m sure they were just shifting around money. Offering a lower pre-incentive sale price and taking on the admin fee to make the money up.

And yeah, we weren’t too picky at all about the color…until I saw Thunder Grey. I think all the other colors in the lineup are fine and I like them about the same but Thunder Grey looks really slick.

I did get it removed.

This is a ridiculous deal you got, I would sign right away, congrats! and please post pics when you have possession

Not to hijack, but a Volvo dealer just told me that the miles currently on an XC90 loaner would either come out of my mileage allowance, or I would have to pre-pay for them at $0.20 a piece. This sounds like total BS to me, but I wanted to ask what your experience was.

No, that’s true. There’s a mileage penalty of $.20 a mile on loaners. That’s part of why one targets a larger discount on them.

any idea if 3 months on the lot for an XC90 is considered a long time? one im considering has a build date of 2/20, assume they got it late march/early april.
think thats long enough to squeeze for more?

No, that’s not particularly long, especially since a good chunk of that time had dealers shut down

:slight_smile: had to ask. i didnt notice the specific picture with build info previously.

thanks

Generally, dealers start to get itchy around the 6 month mark.

Wow, good to know. Thanks.

Got ums…

2 Likes

Is this additional loaner cash direct from Volvo? I am trying to negotiate with a dealer and they are telling me this doesn’t exist or that its not incentivized by Volvo.

Saw this thread pop up. Just out of curiosity, were you able to get the incentive bonus by having your dad co-sign? I’ve got a similar situation and heard conflicting things.