Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD... looks like a good deal. Opinions?

Yeah that sounds about right with 0 otd

I really like the X3, but I needed 7 seats.

Yeah you got a great deal, too.

I live in Portland and like to drive up the mountain so mine is AWD

Finally I brought it down to $400 even and everything below remain same. I have 3 colors of choice.
He
is not giving me the complete breakdown until I see him tonight, but I
think I am closing it tonight! Anything to keep in mind before I close
this out?

MSRP - $43950
Dealer price - $35,637 (includes Incentives etc)
MF - 0.00081
Residual - 53% (23,393)
Drive-off - $1500
NJ Tax - 7%

Thank you for all the guidance/inputs.

How much rebate is there on this car?

The price he offered me is $35,637 (18%off MSRP) which includes $5500. Based on my research in NJ either its hard to find 2017 anymore and $400 is the lowest I could get.

Hope that helps.

OK, so that is a $2,813 discount they are giving you which comes to 6.4% discount which is not that good. Every dealer will offer you that. 10% should be doable. It was for me.

Here is what I reverse calculated based on my monthly payment…its 8% discount before incentive.

Your numbers keep changing, I can’t keep up. What you have in the calculator does not match what you wrote above.

40550 - 5500 = $35,050
but you said they were offering it to you for $35,637.

I must be missing something…

I myself am confused and will probably have a clear picture when I meet the dealer. But the bottom line is $400 monthly with $1500 drive-off on SX V6 AWD with Tech package.

This is the lowest I could get in NJ/PA area in 3 weeks I am researching.

Acquisition fee?..

I would call them and just tell them if they do 10% then you will sign the deal tonight and see what they say. You always get a better discount when you ask rather than letting them tell you.

I’m willing to bet they’re adding the Acquisition Fee in after the discounts. That’s pretty normal.

I would take the best offer you’ve received and email the other dealers around to see if they’ll beat it. I bet you can get some more off the sales price. Or, maybe it’s just a NE thing?

I will stay away from the dealership as they are not transparent. As much I insist to give me the breakdown of my drive off ($1500) they are not revealing anything and finally today they said its towards capital reduction!. They rolled all the typical fees into my monthly pymt. All they insist is $1500 and $400.
Absolutely confusing on what the math is…Thanks for the advise all!

MSRP - $43950
Dealer price - $35,637 (includes Incentives etc)
MF - 0.00081
Residual - 53% (23,393)
Drive-off - $1500
NJ Tax - 7%

@Ed_Churchward would the target of 10% discount of MSRP okay for loaner car with 2 K miles as well or should it be more?

That is a tricky one. I would expect more from a loaner but some dealers don’t want to play ball in my experience.

If that’s for an SX, then the incentive is $5,500. That means you’re only getting a discount of $2,813, maximum. If it were me I’d go elsewhere. I hate, hate, hate, when dealers try to make offers look good by concealing or screwing with numbers.

($35,637 + $5,500 is the real sales price of $41.137. Therefor $43,950 - $41,137 = $2,813)

Just took my SX V6 with tech package home yesterday, here are my numbers in NC:

2017 Sorento SX V6 FWD with Technology Package
MSRP: 42,095
Sales Price: 37,095
Kia Lease Cash: 5,500
OTD: $1600 (First month payment, reg and doc fee, tax on lease cash and acq fee)
Term: 36/12
Residual: 52%
MF: .00100
Monthly payment w/ 3% state tax: $340

This was my first lease ever, been doing a ton of homework on the forum so thanks to everyone for all of the information. Really happy with the deal and very happy with the car. Thanks OP for posting your SX paperwork from OR, was really helpful in getting this done!

5 Likes

Fantastic!! You got a great deal, man

Hi Guys,

I just got the information below for the 2017 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD. Please let me know your thoughts.

MSRP: $37,500
Sales Price (Without Incentives): $33,800
Incentives: $5,500
Money Factor: .00151
Residual %: 52
Processing Fee: $300
Tax: $2,046
Tags: $331

With $0 downpayment: $424/month
With $2,700 (tax+tags+proc/fee) downpayment: $343/month

I’m in MD. Let me know your thoughts.

Not a great deal if you read the threads.