It's Costco Volvo time!

Just renewed my lapsed membership from Jan 2019. Was able to generate a code. So as long as you had a membership before and can renew you can get the code.

1 Like

Same questions every year. Search, people.

4 Likes

Just throwing this out there but the people who qualify for this incentive is a thank you for the tireless jobs they doā€¦before this often without as much as a thank you. If $1250 off a car is worth you tricking the system and slapping those that qualify in faceā€¦then hey have at it my friend.

9 Likes

Someone asked me 4 days ago if it counts since theyā€™re making home made masks at home and donating them

They wanted the healthcare rebate for that

10 Likes

Wish someone mentioned earlier this was expected so I could have signed up for membership ā€¦

1 Like

The whole point is that they donā€™t want people signing up just for this. It wasnā€™t a given until it was posted yesterday morning.

1 Like

Right - but they had the offer last year too

So spend the $60/yr for a membership and worst case scenario you have a Costco membershipā€¦

12 Likes

Right - but itā€™s too late now for this year. I would have happily spent the money for the membership if I knew this was a possibility

1 Like

You did know it was a possibility because they did it last yearā€¦

Thereā€™s no harm in spending $60/yr to be a Costco member even if itā€™s just to gamble every 3 years that they may have a nice car buying program when you need a car

6 Likes

There are a lot of other perks that come with Costco membership besides car incentives.

$1.50 hot dog and soda as well a cheaper gas to name two.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only been on the forum since late last year, didnā€™t see any mention in months following Volvo deals. Anyone who asks if one month is better than another for a deal gets slapped down or told ā€œno one can know.ā€ But this seems like itā€™s an annual thing looking around on Google

Thatā€™s true

No one knows whatā€™s coming every month

1 Like

No one knows for sure. Itā€™s always a possibility. Go get your Costco membership now for any possibly future deals.

2 Likes

Crazy enough: Costco lets their members know when they have new deals like this.

Youā€™re talking about leasing programs and that is 100% true. Costco has had an auto buying program for a very long time, but the monthly specials change all the time, and not guaranteed ā€” and if they do return itā€™s not guaranteed to be the same month(s).

You are being very defensive about NOT hedging on a membership to possibly save 1250-2000$ on a Volvo so please claim your own agency here and stop complaining (repeatedly) that nobody for-warned you about something you claimed to know was coming but did nothing about it.

We share this information so people can do whatā€™s best for themselves. No doubt someone here has a PenFed account open they donā€™t use just in case the brand they want has a deal next month.

Costco isnā€™t the only club store that has a car buying service/partnership.

Iā€™m done. Next one is going in the landfill.

7 Likes

Imagine if there was an entire message board devoted to saving money (legally, some will bargain on the ethical bits) on your car lease?

:tipping_hand_man:t2::sparkles:

7 Likes

Haha yes. Iā€™m just saying - might be nice if there was a standing list/wiki of these things for would-be Lease Hackrs to keep in mind. If itā€™s not a recent post, itā€™s not easy to read every single message going back months to find thisā€™ll a discount from last year.

Great idea. Let us know when you write it up.

2 Likes

Done! Submitted a draft for the FAQ topic.

1 Like

But I donā€™t think you can do Costco and Penfed together