Off Topic Landfill 2

My question was around the teacher/first responder incentive. Do you know if the same address for car insurance will be enough to qualify for “same household”?

Are you asking if someone in the first responder’s household who is not the first responder is eligible for that incentive?

Yes. So if my brother is a first responder but the only address we have in common is a shared address for our car insurances, would that qualify me for that incentive?

1 Like

Okay, let’s talk #s being found…

I’m seeing 3500 in incentives for leases on a v60cc is this correct? Not including Costco.

MF is .00023 and residual is 53% (12/36).

Am I understanding this properly?

Varies by region

1 Like

So Costco, now Penfed too. What else?

And they are still not selling well, even with incentives. It makes no sense to me that sedans are not included in Costco promo.

Guilty as charged. PenFed plays nice with MB. Wife likes MB. Five dollars could save $1,500.

Edit: PenFed has a pretty sweet balloon payment deal that even works for used cars up to 2 years old. Sometimes if forced to buy, it’s a good way to keep payments small without the dreaded down payment thingy.

3 Likes

This is so true… I offer a discount on my fee for first responders buying a car. I can’t tell you how many people feel entitled to it because a brother in law or father in law or someone they know are first responders.

We all know first responders…

3 Likes

does anyone know a good website to search volvo cars at dealerships? I’m down to drive ~500 miles but googling each individual dealership to check inventory is a nightmare. cars.com or autotrader.com seems to miss ~50% of the inventory and doesn’t pick up on packages like premium, advanced, comfort, etc.

So if they already have a volvo , then their hard work and sacrifice isn’t appreciated at all because the incentive isn’t stackable. “Thank you but you’re already a customer so :: shrug :: “

It’s extending a sales promotion, it’s not a good deed. So it’s fair to ask what the terms of the sales incentive are, like any other sales incentive ( but I am not saying anyone is, or should feel, entitled to get it if they don’t qualify ).

I don’t even really know what your saying here to be honest.

3 Likes

Some people asked whether they qualified based on “household” for medical providers and some of the responses make it seem like they’re stealing something. It’s just a sales promotion you qualify for or not. My brother is a Medical Doctor and he’s on my car insurance ( he doesn’t have a car himself , he travels a lot for work ). Do I qualify ? Volvo can say yes or no, not sure why asking is inappropriate.

I mean to be honest it sounds like you added your brother to get the discount. I’m all for letting Volvo or Costco sort out the mess. But if you don’t feel that’s a bit dishonest then like I said to each his own.

1 Like

I didn’t ask about Costco ( which has nothing to do with medical providers) — i accept you have no idea what their requirements are, I will ask someone better informed.

If your brother is a Dr, Fire Chief, teacher then he will submit his paystub to the dealer for verification of the discount. He can then be a co signed on the vehicle your looking to buy.

That makes sense , thank you. He’d have no problem doing that.

I thought it said for FR they can’t just cosign, they need to be first on the loan/lease?

I’m glad you chimed in. In the end, Volvo is trying to sell cars.

1 Like

Some people are ok with stolen valor, especially if it puts money in their pocket.

I live in a military town, I keep my hair short. I frequently get asked if I’m eligible for military/veteran discount, and always say no. I don’t care whether it ends up in another customer’s pocket or the business owner’s, it’s not mine I don’t want it.

I will do all kinds of crazy things to avail myself of discounts I and everyone are eligible for. That discount is for people in specific professions, most putting their lives on the line daily, and I don’t need that money enough to steal valor. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes