GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

It looks like my LT may have sold already but the dealer who had it has a bunch of them and they were asking 18k for a similar car… branded title and all! :joy:

I think a low mile 2020 Bolt for $12k is a deal, I would have bought one locally if they were available, heck if I hadn’t have leased the Ariya, I would have been tempted to buy mine back.

Curious what the MMR is on these, like $10k, seems nuts to me.

1 Like

I get carvana emails about the two I had sometimes. Offers are WAY lower than 10k but I think that a branded title screws with their algorithm quite a bit.

What is branded title? Thanks

It may vary from state to state but generally, a car that has been bought back by the manufacturer is “branded” as a Lemon on the title. It generally makes the vehicle worth less than a traditionally titled vehicle and can be difficult to secure financing for.

1 Like

I certainly would have bought back my 2020 Bolt for $8k net!

Do these have swapped batteries or the original battery?

I feel like the 2020’s probably didn’t get them, they weren’t really the issue

I was able to swap into a 2023 Bolt Premier Redline (with SuperCruise) from the lease I signed for a 2021 Bolt. My lease ends in March and my buyout price is $23,300 for the 2023 Premier (has 5K miles).

Should I buy it out? I am on a onepay for $6,500 ($180/month) and I don’t think there are any leases out there even close to that right now.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Are you sure You want to buy it?

Here on east coast we have some

This is my situation as well, though I have 15k miles on mine. I’m buying it out. I can’t get a better equipped EV for $23k right now and I don’t qualify for any tax credits. If you qualify for tax credits, you may want to consider one of the used buybacks though I doubt you’ll get anything newer than MY21 EV. Super cruise is super clutch and I can’t live without it. The EV is also significantly uglier than the EUV :laughing:

Edit: Just read that supercruise costs $25/mo after first 3 years. I’m going to learn to live without it.

5 Likes

Our situation exactly. One pay on our 2020 Premier ends in April, buyout is $20.5K. We do qualify for the tax credit, and are looking at a lease or purchase of a more upscale EV like XC40, ID4, or Solterra. Our Bolt is on its third battery (last replaced in January 24), and we’re done with the brand.

2 Likes

To be honest, I really enjoy using SuperCruise, but agree will have to ween off at the right time. Luckily I have it for a couple more years.

I’ve come to same conclusion on my end - can’t find anything better equipped at that $23K price point. If anyone has other suggestions, please shoot them my way.

1 Like

Has anyone ever done a lease extension with GM? If yes, how do they work - can I keep same monthly payment amount?

Polestar 2? Its about 5k more expensive but faster/better infotainment

Great info thanks for sharing. The used Bolts with 50k+ miles are selling for about the same or maybe just $1k less than the ones with 20k miles.

One month extension allowed. This is it.

If Your are on east coast- Nissan Ariya

Why do you think market value of this car is $23k?
Have You checked used car market prices?
In 6 years this car will be worth not more than $5k.
Your TCO for 6 years will be around $28k - $5k unless You pay cash.
$28000÷72= $388.
$5000÷72= $70.
TCO = $318/m.
Not mentioning about at least one new set of tires and some maintenance.

Even if this math checked out, there isn’t a better optioned EUV for any cheaper. Plus then I’d have to spend another $800 tinting the windows and wait 6 months for another HOV sticker. Remind me in 6 years to check the market value, though I doubt I’ll keep it that long. Deals are improving and I imagine we’ll be back to having unicorn hacks again in a year or two