GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

GM Recalls Chevy Bolts for Second Time Due to Fire Risk GM Recalls All-Electric Chevy Bolt for Second Time Due to Fire Risk - WSJ

2 Likes

It would be great if we had a leasehckr bolt recall drop. @ethanrs with the exotic surrounded by the repaired bolts.

4 Likes

You couldn’t imagine the headache this caused with elderly paranoid clients that were buying bolts and researched the recall on 2017s after the fact.

YoU sOlD mE a CaR tHaT cAn ExPlOdE :woozy_face:

1 Like

Fact,

Any running car can explode.

2 Likes

Someone is out there who starts a story at the bar “I’ve survived 4 Jeep Grand Cherokee spontaneous combustion events”

2 Likes

Maybe that person wants to try out for Scotty in the rebooted Star Trek movies, because a new Jeep Cherokee killed the last one on us.

5 Likes

Came out today that recall costs related to the bolt totalled $800 Million

3 Likes

Makes the Pinto debacle look cheap

It was cheap, the Pinto debacle cost Ford 3.5 million in 1972, which is roughly 22 mil today. So I’m guessing GM calculated that not recalling them would cost them more than 800 million in actual and perceived damages.

Every time I see something like this I keep thinking of Tyler Durden.

4 Likes

As the Leasee of a 2020 Bolt, at this point I’m looking for GM to step up and buy back my vehicle and replace it with a Corvette Zora at the same lease rate.

• Not comfortable with the safety of the 2022 Bolt that uses the same battery
  • Looking for a car in the same brand. ie. Chevrolet
  • Car must have electrification or partial electrification.
  • Lease rate must be maintained.
  • Zora is the car that most closely matches these reasonable criteria.

Thoughts? Chances on this being an option?

2 Likes

This is sarcasm right?

2 Likes

Let’s see how the explanation is going to work out for this one: Tesla Model S garage fire follows pattern prompting warnings for other EVs - The Washington Post. Based on the article we have Chevy and Hyundai already recalling vehicles, I’m not clear what Audi’s deal is. The beta test continues.

I thought I read that the 2017 to 2019 used batteries from Korean LG and the 2020 are different.

Fact, Land rovers are very safe since they are hardly running

6 Likes

That is sarcasm dipped in a thick coating of irony

2 Likes

Animated GIF

3 Likes

Key word here is “running” You usually don’t leave ICE car running overnight in garage. I’m myself EV fan and had 4 of them, but this concerning

3 Likes

Yes. Still I need that Zora :slight_smile:

If you hop on the Bolt message boards you wouldn’t believe what people are asking for. And yes, there is a lot of sarcasm in my post. GM has been handling it relatively well IMO. Most owners don’t think so and want $$$.

Oh no! My 2021 is now also under recall

3 Likes