Chevrolet Bolt Premier Deal in NJ (w/ Costco, Supplier, Loyalty) No Sales Tax, $5000 EV Credit - $4,789 one-pay

Here is where I stand with a Chevrolet Bolt Premier deal in NJ.

MSRP: $44,425
Selling Price: $43,020 (3.2% Supplier Pricing)
Months: 36
Miles: 10K
Residual: 53%
MF: .00053 reduced to .00001 with one-pay
Taxed Incentives: $11,250 ($6750 Chevy Cash, $3000 Costco, $1500 loyalty)
Sales Tax: $0 in NJ
Acq Fee: $695
Dealer Fees: $454
Gov Fees: $350

One-pay of $9,744 minus the $5000 NJ EV credit is $4,789.
Effective Monthly: $133

Calculator Link

I priced out a less equipped LT and it was only about $400 less so going Premier seems obvious. Also more Premier’s seem to be in stock. I would like to work out a larger discount, in the past I know others have gotten a discount closer to 10%, and @ethanrs standing offer is about $1744 less (I would need around 7% off to match), but it seems the dealerships in NJ are keen to whats happening here and forcing me to use supplier to even move off MSRP for an in-stock unit.

Easiest deal to reproduce

Best deal on a premier

Other notable deals

1 Like

If I was in NJ and had the rebate I wouldn’t go as deep as I do now.

Always push for $300 less than supplier or threaten to yank the code.

1 Like

I’m pretty new to this, but this deal is exactly what I am looking for. Just moved to NJ and need a city car.

Is my best approach to find dealers with Premier in stock and send them this exact info?

No, not that exact info. There are plenty of posts around here on how to email dealers, but the best ice breaker, IMHO, is to email with a stock number and say Something like “I’m looking to lease this for 36/xxk. What discount off MSRP are you offering BEFORE any customer and state rebates and incentives? And what dealer fee(s) do you charge?”

Maybe you’ll get a decent discount. If not, then reply with all numbers, but I suggest replying with 10% off and let them push back.

Perfect, thank you!

I’ve only leased before in Ohio so the whole EV state credit thing is new to me. If I am reading this right, it is always a check sent by NJ state after lease/purchase? Never applied at time of sale.

You are probably going to have to wait till the end of the month/year to get a larger discount more easily. Search cars.com or cargurus and sort by price to find dealers near you offering a discount off MSRP before any incentives.

There’s definitely dealers here that will go deeper, especially with a supplier authorization. I know @baggy has gotten around 8% on a Premier so far and I can confirm that I was offered 8% at a different dealership too. I need 11% to 12% off in order to do this again, so I’m gonna keep grinding for it. Just like the last one, I plan on willing it into existence.

3 Likes

Correct for the $5k state rebate

I had one dealer open at $499 above MSRP.

This is correct for the time being. Eventually it’s supposed to become a point of sale thing, but they haven’t implemented it yet.

Bridgewater? There must be a reason why they have 17 of them and won’t respond to my emails.

3 Likes

Yup, Bridgewater :slight_smile:

The last time around the guy I spoke to at Bridgewater seemed personally insulted at the idea of me “wanting to pay $45 dollars a month for this car after the rebate”. I don’t think he liked it when I told him that I got it elsewhere and effectively paid $17 a month.

4 Likes

That’s the problem now - unscrupulous dealers are going to take advantage of people who learned of the Costco rebate and act like suddenly this is a car that should be sold at MSRP before rebates (and sadly, uneducated consumers will go for that).

1 Like

With 3% discount, the dealer is effectively pocketing your 5k NJ rebate! bad deal.

1 Like

How do I know if cars.com is showing me the price before or after any incentives?

That seems a bit extreme. I’m only off by about $1750 from what has been acknowledged here as an amazing deal. For those saying that did better in NJ, I want to see proof.

EDIT: I’ve seen proof.

The two NJ deals are over 3k cheaper and they are doing 12k miles compared to your 10k miles.

1 Like

I picked up my premier today at a small dealership in PA. 14.2% off MSRP. You have to look for aged units away from cities/densely populated areas where these cars are generally more popular. YOU CAN GET THERE :wink:

4 Likes

That’s the attitude I like to see! The NJ market is a little tough because you need to get it from an NJ dealer to qualify for the NJ rebate. We’ll see how it goes though!