Best lease deal with spacious 3rd row SUV in June-2021?

Hell, if THAT’s their basis of comparison, buy a Mazda5 with cash. They’ll feel like they are in a massive luxury car. :joy:

1 Like

Unfortunately not really. They drive an Audi in that place. I know there is an Euuuge income disparity in that country.

Lol nice. Yea an Audi A6 in India is like driving a Bentley Mulsanne here stateside.

1 Like

Just did a quick search and the cheapest 3-month rental for a fullsize SUV in San Jose is $7,566 total. So over a 36 month lease as long as you can find something for no more than $210/mo over a “normal” lease payment, you’re still better off leasing. I think that’s doable even in today’s market.

2 Likes

I said car, but that was before knowing they can’t drive here.

1 Like

been to India a couple of times. They are the best drivers in the world. Driving in USA would be easy for him. LOL

1 Like

I think it will take maxing out your available budget and defining your expectations (budget Odyssey/Sienna or move up to Grand Cherokee/Explorer/Carnival,etc.), then set your sights on nailing a deal (hopefully with minimal market adjustments) in Marketplace. Longer you can wait and plan, the better.

1 Like

The answer is CX-9 :slight_smile: (here comes @mllcb42 comments on why you should never get a CX-9…in 3,2,1…go!!!)

1 Like

For two grandparents to sit in the third row?

1 Like

LOL missed that, unless they are 4 feet tall.

But the grandparents can sit in 2nd row with baby and 3yr old could go in 3rd row?

My wife’s parents ride in our 2nd row either next to our 5yr Olds booster seat or the 5yr old goes in the 3rd row.

1 Like

Toyota Sienna

2 Likes

No minivan for me but thanks! Definitely looking to sell my current lease and use profits for down payment on whatever the next purchase might be.

1 Like

How on earth do you get to cx-9 being the right answer when the number one listed requirement is “spacious third row”?

4 Likes

Then one parent has to climb fully or half way into the third row to harness the 3yr old.

And the 3yr old might throw a fit about being left alone back there while everyone else gets to ride “upfront”.

1 Like

Captains chairs don’t really solve ingress/egress problems

You and the OP both need to post on the car seat forums for some recommendations for both seats and vehicles that will be the least worst solution.

Then come back here to see which of those vehicles can be leased or purchased without breaking the bank.

2 Likes

I figured as such. Just breakin chops.

1 Like

I actually test drove CX-9 in 2018 before signing Outback lease. Drive was crisp and interior was up-scale. However, i have wide shoulders and i honestly felt somewhat claustrophobic in CX-9 cabin. Subaru cabin was more roomy for me.

It is an inverse tardis

2 Likes

This is ultimately the problem with these threads: what leases well may not work for you, for any number of reasons.

What’s leasing well in this segment is a list so small it fits on a gum wrapper (why waste a post-it?)

As far as the merits of each 3-row suv:

This ancient recap I wrote 26 days ago (we were all so young and vibrant, during the salad days of May)

And so many others if you search.

3 Likes

Volvo XC90 is probably the best deal going on a 3rd row SUV. Check out @Benedetto current sheet for offers.

1 Like