I want to test drive some vehicles before making a decision

What car(s) are you looking to lease? Let dealer/salesperson know you just want to test drive a particular car. Be upfront and let them know you do not plan to make a decision that same day. DO NOT get talked into going over numbers and wasting time at the dealership after the test drive.

2 Likes

Who test drives vehicles these days? :rofl: just kidding. I’d go online and submit your info so an Internet Sales Manager can reach out to you. Then be straight up about just wanting to test drive. Make sure to bring your DL and a current insurance card because they might just let you take the car on your own for the test drive. Then, if interested, give whoever that salesman was the first shot at your business (as long as they treated you right). Probably the best course of action.

8 Likes

I have found that many dealers have a test drive by appointment option listed on their website. Also whenever I contacted a dealer first thing they would say is “come in for a no commitment test drive”.

Unless you want to drive the only Enzo for sale west of Missisipi, any sensible dealer will be happy to let you to do a test drive. Just ask. After all, as the saying goes - "The feel of the wheel seals the deal”.

Sounds excellent, thanks!

Makes perfect sense, thanks!

Sounds good, thanks a lot!

Thanks, sounds good.

For sure, thanks!

Did they ever accept the offer?

I’ve had times when my local dealer was the one to accept my offer and others where I had to go a couple hundred miles to find a dealer that would accept my offer.

1 Like

For some reason my local dealers are always the hardest to deal with

Yah, sometimes is the case. I figure I’ll always give them first right of refusal for spending the time with me to test drive and such and if it works out, great. If not, I’ll move on.

The family needs an upgrade with baby number 2 on the way, so we’re looking at 3 row suv’s. I’ll post another topic but if anyone in this thread has an opinion on good deals/best vehicles i’m all ears. Considering CX-9 (we love the way Mazda cars drive and have previously leased CX-5, 3 and 6), Palisade, Telluride, Pilot, Highlander to start with.

CX-9 is a two row SUV with some obstructions in the rear cargo area that someone accidentally labeled as seats once.

2 Likes

Be sure to expand and see the 7 threads linked from within this one. And by all means, ask any questions not already answered.

2 Likes

haha, yeah i’ve always taken issue with Mazda’s lack of space as a trade-off for the great driving experience. I don’t understand why they’ve still not addressed it.

A ‘quick strategy’ is go to Carmax and try out a few cars.

That’s how I eliminated about 10 cars from my ‘list to buy’ before even test driving the true 3 I was interested in.

1 Like

Good idea, thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.