Worst leases you've seen

@max_g if 475 is crazy what do we call this one??!

Am I reading that right? $3k residual?

I wondered if it might be fully loaded, then I saw the MSRP :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes
1 Like

For a second I thought that’s 15k or even 20k a year lease… and then I saw 10k…
This is some straight up space-continuum-relativity math.

1 Like

The best I could gather using known dealer fee (not listed here - $699) and unknown state fees (though for VA its usually <200 bucks) is that 0 cash down would be 634, which means they are baking in a whopping $1373 in added fees on top of the $996 in fees already listed here, which sums to a grand total of two thousand, three hundred and sixty ni…HEY WAIT ONE MINUTE MR. DEALER MAN
And there you have it: the good ol’ MSRP max MF sale :+1:

1 Like

Met an acquaintance today. He was very excited about his new lease. Toyota Avalon hybrid limited, $750 a month. Ouch.
He was very happy about it, I didnt have the heart to explain just how simply awful it is. On top of it he decided to pay a year’s worth up front.
I think msrp is around $45k. Gruesome.
Friends, if you see someone who may need your help, reach out before it’s too late.
Another one bites the eco-dust.

10 Likes

Thought this was pretty laughable. In the midwest where the current lease incentive is $3,750. The extra $750 “discount” doesn’t even cover the drop in residual.

1 Like

Is his name Ron and did he just trade in a Lincoln MKZ hybrid? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Is the sound system better in the Avalon or did he say anything about it being a retirement dream car? :laughing: :laughing:

7 Likes

That will be the story that never dies. I re read it the other week just to make me laugh.

5 Likes

“I always thought the Avalon was based on the Camry but now I know better”

4 Likes

Invoice, 1K in trash adds and no doubt marked up rate. Hard pass.

1 Like

Anyone got ~75k for this i8? :flushed:

3 Likes

Last I heard about Ron he was spending additional money on a 500 gb hard drive for his MKZ because he was upset about having an expensive iPhone (that he already owned) to hold his vast music collection.

4 Likes

Gee, I hope Ron didn’t opt for monthly payments to get that… I heard you can get 500GB harddrive for only $9,000 upfront :unicorn:

4 Likes

That hard drive will be worth more than his MKZ

2 Likes

12k down $299/month on 2020 Toyota Tundra TSS Off-Road 4x4

I actually had a very very bad lease 5 years ago. At the time I got a kia optima ex for $600 a month and 2000 down but at the time i didn’t realize how bad it was , luckily(?) got rid of it through bankruptcy a year later lol

1 Like

Sheesh. Someone bought a private island on that deal!

3 Likes