Why are these gmc prices high?

Sierra Denali leases am I going crazy or are these dealers just trying to rob me three separate dealers

Two separate trucks 69400 msrp 3k down 825 for 10k/36

Best offer I got was 1300 down msrp 61000 payment 725 10k/36

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

3 Likes

Seeing all these pots with people getting a Sierra Denali 1500 lease with minimal das

Been to three separate dealers two offers for 69400 msrp was 3k down 825 down 10k/36

Other offer 61400 1300 das payment 725 10k/36

Twoseparate dealers state is nj all 10k/36

Msrp

61400-1300 down 725 a month
69500-6000 down 875 a month

What is going on here most I’ve gotten in incentives is 4500 both of these dealers are not budging went to another dealer same price for the 69k msrp right in the area of 3k down 835 down…

Threads combined. Please keep your related questions in one thread.

1 Like

Are you asking dealers what they want to give you?They want the deal that makes them the most money while letting you think you got a good deal.

Before I learned my lessons here by reading leasing 101 and going though tons of posts and deals I was once told “you want the lease price to be a bit high so it’s cheaper when you buy it out after the lease”. Thankfully I didn’t fall for that, but many do.

Go through the deals you’ve seen and see how they are structured. What is pre-incentive discount, MF, incentives, etc.

Then put the deal together that you need and find a dealer to do that deal

I had very little luck working with NJ dealers when shopping for my 1500 Denali. Lots of NJ dealers are charging MSRP, because these are not sitting on the lot for long. I would up using Star GMC in Easton, PA. You will still need a supplier code for the best discount and the only real rebate is $1750 for GM loyalty, so without supplier & loyalty, you will be looking at the kind of numbers you are getting quoted.

You should be able to get pretty close to reproducing my deal only real change would be the MF up slightly now.

1 Like

Most vehicles don’t lease well at any given point in time. You can’t wake up one day and think I’m getting a good deal on a Sierra Denali today. If the RV and MF are worse, it doesn’t matter how hard you try or how good a negotiator you are, you’re going to keep hitting a brick wall.

Maybe programs (RV, MF, etc) were better a long time ago but that’s irrelevant now.

Search the Shared Deals and Marketplace subforums to see which pickups are leasing the best right now (there are only a handful to search: RAM, F150, Tundra and Silverado).

If you’re just going to dealers and asking them for quotes then I’m not sure what else you’re expecting, all you’re doing is asking them how much they want you to pay, as mentioned above.

Your time would be much better spent doing research on here, search similar past deals and broker listings to get an idea of what a good pre-incentive discount is, and build your target deal based on the current MF, RV, and incentives that you get from Edmunds forums.

Once you’ve built your target deal, then rather than going in circles with dealers you can tell them confidently that if they can get to $XXX payment with $YYY due at signing then you’ll be in to sign today.

1 Like

Dealers around here won’t budge off of msrp less rebates. They currently don’t have to. People here are paying that plus there are none in stock!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.