Where do you invest your money?

What I want to know is, did you quit stacking after those 4?

That said, if it hits $50k again I think I’ll de-risk a little bit haha.

Everything is in commodities. Mostly oil

Another negative opening on the horizon and only going to get worse. Markets could easily crater 50% by end of 2022, I know most dont believe it, but it’s definitely coming if these situations at hand continue to unwind even more significantly. I keep saying that these differences can be over this second to stop the escalating geopolitical tensions, but as you can see it’s nothing but talks because any wrong motions and ww3 comes and thay in itself will create worldwide tensions and a depression. So everyone is easing back and just watching Russia do its things.
Oil prices will remain high and will continue to surge the longer these events unfold. Oil could double and triple from here causing ultimate inflation across the world with central governments not being able to do much. The fed has lost all control of interest rates and any rise in rates now will only advance a further deeper correction and recession. That’s what you get when you wait to raise rates and keep pumping the economy with unlimited amounts of greenbacks!!!

Get ready for new yearly lows in the days ahead and continous new lows into 2022

OK so GDX broke $40. I might give it til end of week to see whether I feel inclined to liquidate or sell $45/$50 calls. This is nutty.

2 Likes

My only stock holding that is even remotely close to green is EVGO. Everything else is -30 to -70%. But EVGO been pumping the last couple days! I’m actually net positive now.

Metals will shine for the next 2 years I think. No reason to sell…might want to move out of miners to a physical etf. I like ounz bc it’s cheap to take delivery should you want to.

I still think silver is grossly undervalued so might also want to divest into some of the poor mans gold.

$RIVN guided to FY’22 production of 25K (vs 40K expected).
RIVN has produced just 1,410 vehicles YTD 2022 through 3/8, well below WS 1Q ests of 4,000

Expected CapEx (that most delicious corporate crack I’ve been high on before) expenditure of $2.6B this year. If that sounds good to you, read about Peloton’s meltdown

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-03-10/peloton-stock-drop-puts-bike-brand-on-path-to-nowhere

Rivian has quite a rock to push up a steep hill. I’m rooting for them, I’m not dumb enough to bet on them.

1 Like

Put the Arizona Tea people on the inflation committee. They know the answers.

4 Likes

Very interesting read! Non-bank commodity firms calling for central bank bailouts. Makes me think back to ‘08 when big security firms were granted bailouts to cover the major risk they posed. I wonder who is next.

Edit: look up article to read

A quick question for the more investment savvy people here.

I still haven’t filled out my IRA account limit for 2021. This would probably be the last year I qualify for the deduction since I was a student last year and wasn’t earning.
I have extra cash, should I put it in the IRA account or should I send it over to Coinbase and invest it in crypto? Right now, the IRA account seems more promising to me.

Similar question, last year I was a student with little income, so rather than an IRA account, should I just invest in a Roth IRA account instead? I am assuming my retirement income should be more than what I earned last year.

Just wanted to double-check before pulling the trigger.

Thanks

Yes, if you’re eligible for a traditional IRA, I’d max that out. Max your pre-tax vehicles first, Roth (post tax vehicles, if eligible) next before you shoot for any other speculative investments.

Congratulations on graduating. Welcome to the thunderdome tax brackets :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you. Although I am still not technically graduated yet. The final thesis dissertation for my Ph.D. is still pending. Should be done in a few months or so, whenever it is scheduled.

Max your pre-tax vehicles first, Roth (post tax vehicles, if eligible) next

Wouldn’t maxing out Roth be more beneficial for me rather than maxing out the traditional IRA? Given my income for 2021 was pretty low.

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been investing in Scotch, often of drinking age or better.

3 Likes

Without specifics it’s difficult to say. You can run your 2021 taxes both ways to see what (if any) tax impact it has in the contribution year. You undoubtedly know the benefits of the different types, but usually for retirement dollars the expectation is you’re going to withdraw them at a lower tax rate. Doesn’t hurt to do the math - I do every year (how much am I putting in, what is the net change in my tax bill for that contribution).

Also assuming you have some savings/emergency fund. I really should have said

Emergency fund > tax-deferred retirement investment > post-tax retirement investment > after-tax investments (speculative or otherwise)

You’re also likely to get a range of opinions. :crystal_ball:

5 Likes

There’s chatter one of the major banks is insolvent. Has anyone heard anything concrete on this?

The only thing I read related to the very large international bank that holds most of the bonds in many of the Russian companies - concerned about whether or not Russia would make their bond payments. Treasury was allowing if so they should not be insolvent, assuming that would tip them over which I don’t think their last stress test looked bad IIRC

@alphawave7 now I’m curious what the rumor is. VTB or Sperbank in Russia? Maybe (IDGAF :fire::fire::fire:).

Deutsche Bank? Ehh they’re in for a rough run but don’t appear insolvent.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-17/deutsche-bank-to-set-aside-additional-111-million-for-bad-loans

No major US banks AFAIK.

Bank failures are almost always a delightful non-event in the US. OCC/FDIC close them on a Friday, by Monday morning they had a Vegas wedding and are open for business under new/stable ownership.

2 Likes

I know for sure there’s services for Bitcoin backed IRAs, vaults, etc. and you’ll have to find which one is best for you. To my knowledge, Bitcoin is the only one out of the long list of other crypto that have such services. As for transferring all your money to Coinbase, that’s completely up to you. If you do go that route, then just spend what you’re comfortable losing with, and do a lot of research in what your buying. Ask questions! Most importantly, practice self-custody. Not your keys, not your coins. Not your keys, not your coins. That’s the biggest rule that I cannot stress enough. Take pride that you own your asset and not the DTC.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What NFT’s are you all buying?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5