Where do you invest your money?

Tesla owners are the modern day equivalent of OG CrossFit members. No one cares.

1 Like

How do know if someoneā€™s a Tesla driver?

Donā€™t worry, theyā€™ll tell you.

2 Likes

Gonna cost me $75 to to fill upā€¦smiles/gallon still worth it

2 Likes

If a vegan Tesla owner drives their car to a CrossFit class, which do they tell you about first?

9 Likes

DEFINITELY their veganism.

Global warming

2 Likes

Donā€™t use that word around here. Youā€™re going to upset John Kerry.

Jealous. $4.50 here at Costco in SoCal ($4.70+ everywhere else).

1 Like

Anyone catch this Russia bounce this am? Iā€™m up like 25%. Lost a ton yesterday but doubled down premarket on rsx. Blood in the streetsā€¦I just cashed out but this is going to be a good play for traders for the foreseeable future if you like high risk high reward money.

Anyone have any individual Russian stocks that are undervalued here to recommend? I donā€™t follow that market thatā€™s why Iā€™m playing etfs. Once their market opens itā€™s going to be insane.

1 Like

Just closed my $rivn puts. Ima buy a 330ix and have a RIVIAN license plate.

4 Likes

Good stuff! I closed a bit early but I know to lock in profits often. Canā€™t ride them all to the bottom! Was way overvalued. Canā€™t believe people were buying at $140 lol

1 Like

I think itā€™s worth pointing out how great the risk is. If this resolved by the weekend, no doubt things will bounce.

A few data points:

Russiaā€™s economy in general

Or better said:

The EU restricting airspace has grounded nearly all Russian commercial flights. More than half the planes are leased in Irish holding companies, most of those have already been called-in.

For the Boeing and Airbus planes, even if owned:

• they immediately lost access to all repair manuals and ability to purchase parts
  • most airlines keep about 3 days parts on-hand.

Donā€™t think of it like buying oil when they paid you to take it, you are buying GM stock the week before bankruptcy, uncertain if youā€™ll be wiped out or not.

Plenty of other smarter plays in this uncertainty.

Edit: and their exchange is now closed

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/moscow-exchange-wont-resume-stock-trading-thursday-cbank-2022-03-02/

Poor market makers, with no market to make.

2 Likes

Made 30% this am on rsx. I may continue to just trade etfs but when/if the market reopens there will be some undervalued stocks that likely wonā€™t go out of business. I have no problem throwing $20k into a few for a chance at 5-10x return, maybe more in a year or so. Risk/reward makes sense and I did it before in other countries during war times or currency collapses.

I can gamble throwing 20k into the us market and wide up with less then 5k in a month, many tech stocks dropped that much so far this year. The whole market is a gamble at these valuations, but this is an opportunity.

Sold a significant chunk of SPY back in late December near the peak (retirement accounts so no tax burden), split that dry powder up today and bought back-in along with a couple financials that have been beat up.

In my cash accounts:

• I bought Alaska and Southwest in late March of 2020, theyā€™ve been higher since but sold both today at 60%+
  • A couple names I had smaller positions in that got lumped/nuked as hypergrowth I captured the loss and did some consolidation (kept my Zoom IPO tranche but dumped a later tranche that is down, Uber which I bought at a good price is still down/stagnant so I decided to wash-sale / revisit in 31 days, dropped Chewy off at the pound)
  • Amazon is having a prime sale on their stock, added some more of that along with CRM (which I have historically timed 100% wrong but the Slack acquisition and selling on that news washed all my CRM losses and then-some)

Mostly a rebalance of the non-retirement, and several limit orders that increasingly add to 2 different funds if/as the market drops.

2 Likes

Well timed. Iā€™m starting to wish Iā€™d sold off a bunch of tech and thrown it into the indexes. Itā€™s been rough watching all those gains disappear. At least Iā€™m killing it in the gold department right now :laughing:

Iā€™m not buying much right now outside of the usual biweekly reloads. Really hoping to see SPX dip closer to 4,000 before throwing more chips in.

I did just buy a Hisense 75U6G though. Dipped back to $800 again today. Been toying with the idea of getting a TV for the office and have had my eye on that bad boy for a while. RTings review too good to pass up.

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually been looking at selling some of the gold I bought at much lower levels. Platinum has been flat, donā€™t talk to me about silver.

Photos of the Hisense?

I have been holding since the big dip in early 2016. Missed the opportunity to sell last year (I sold calls on the way up and by the time they executed, it had dipped back down). So Iā€™m really trying to not miss the boat this time around. If GDX goes above $40 in the coming weeks, Iā€™m selling everything (except a couple of May calls I sold this week).

I scheduled the Hisense to arrive next weekend. Iā€™ve never bought a non-LG TV before, but the reviews on this thing are so stinkinā€™ good that I have to try it out. Too much going on to receive it this weekend, so Iā€™ll get some pics once sheā€™s up on the wall next weekend.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to hear how you like it. My 65ā€ Sony had similar footsies that wouldnā€™t fit on my TV stand, but a VESA stand with a center pedestal solved that problem.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s a good unit since Iā€™ve read that their quality control can be a little poor (but youā€™ll know right out of the box). Iā€™ve got a spare mount that I bought last year that Iā€™ll throw up on the wall and Iā€™m gonna throw the legs out.

1 Like

I put that model on the back porch in Septemberā€¦ good stuff for the price.

2 Likes