Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

You sir are a good man.

On Porsches options are tricky i agree, the guy with a yellow exterior and red leather interior definitely brings down the averages.

Thanks, to them their Acura is all they want and anyway it’s too old for loyalty incentive haha. Another one with a 03 Lexus ES same story, they are comfortable but no TPMS.

Porsche having so many options available is what got me a relatively cheap 2017 Panamera 4S last weekend from CarMax.

But for that same reason, any “a-la-carte” option heavy car is gonna have skewed statistics in a “markup” study.

1 Like

This is a harder time then ever to flip cars. People are buying at auction to make less then $1000. There’s lots of things that could make a car a losing investment in that business model too so you need lots of volume.

I know highend people that are buying 200k+ cars only to make a couple thousand per flip. That’s a lot of money to tie up not to make more then a 1% profit in a few weeks with all the risk involved.

1 Like

Which one of you is responsible for this gem???

10 Likes

What are the details on the M4?

$20k ADM on a supra + fluff…

1 Like

I always find the fluff on top of the ADM to be the most hilarious part

3 Likes

Yeah like the adm wasn’t enough?

P.S. it does look like their inventory is falling as they have more used cars then new from last time I was here to get my truck serviced.

My brother bought a Model Y last year for $53k, it now has close to 5k miles on it. Yesterday Echo Park (Sonic Automotive’s used car dealer) offered this:

4 Likes

Dang I still have a Supra available at msrp I can’t move. Granted it’s red but still…

2 Likes

Hahaha

Red is not a bad color for a supra.

Their tacos are at 5k, tundra at 6k & venza at 6k ADM

But they have 5 sales ppl in & they’re not even open yet. Lol

1 Like

Thumbs Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Those ADMs add value to the typical customer of a Zupra.

Etching–>Parts theft
Key Replacement->>>Zupra acceleration will lift the keys right out the windows
Total Loss Protection–>Zupras are targets of thieves

And in the grand scheme of things, if you cannot afford another $600 then maybe a Toyota Yaris is more of what you may be looking for.

/S

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

2 Likes

Who else remembers when that :point_up_2: guy was cool?

7 Likes

He had some great moments - his 9/11 fund speech, and his deep-dish ‘pizza’ monologue are iconic and moving.

As live shows go, his had a perfect ratio of waiting/hyping/taping/gtfo and get on with your day. He broke the news to us that Anna Nicole Smith died while we were filing-in, and made a joke that wasn’t aired.

The new show - the jury is out.

2 Likes

Around the time when the Supras just came out, I was in my Hellcat picking up my Tacoma from service at the dealer. There were about eight salespeople standing around at the front door looking for customers to roll in so I pull right up to them with the exhaust rumbling. I got out of the car all dramatic and said, “I’m looking for a slower car, can you help me?”. The different reactions on their faces as they tried to figure out how to sell me something (or if I was serious) were hilarious and finally someone said (kind of quietly) that they just got a Supra in. One of the salesgirls actually sold me the Tacoma, so we all had a good laugh in the end.

Sooo… are we past “peak insanity?” Will the trade in price of my 19’ Q5 keep going down?

Thanks!