Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

damn. e-tron prices are climbing back up. in january they were listing 2021 premium models for 68K, now it’s up to 71K!
https://www.audisugarland.com/used/Audi/2021-Audi-e-tron-sugar-land-tx-ec027d330a0e09af5ebcf6ab3747dc96.htm

gosh the used car market is going to be a shit show in 2-3 years when everyone trades in all these overpriced cars…

Levels to this :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

I was looking at 2017 panamera 4S in january…compared to a base panamera…it’s only a few grand more for the 4S. so much more value…
I was seeing them in low to mid 70s for cars that were loaded…msrp in the 120-140s!

Siri, what is inflation?

1 Like

Alexa, how much is gas?!

1 Like

Blessings!

1 Like

If I had a dollar for every time someone said we are “at” peak insanity in this thread…any profits from flipping would be irrelevant.:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that peak pricing insanity is a lot like the coffin corner in the flight envelope for those of us who are into aviation.

Once it reaches the top, it’ll be a hard and sudden stall that will be difficult to recover from.

2 Likes

AutoNation just emailed me a $500 increase to their original offer from 3/11 on my wagon. Maybe I sold too soon. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They been known to do this @Leaselurk experience the same thing

1 Like

Rates increasing and pricing is still rising on used cars and other commodities. But it’s transitory not inflationary they say? :joy:

2 Likes

I think this describes it most accurately.

1 Like

My favorite…

Who ever thought American economics could be so simply explained!

2 Likes

Indeed. I paid $67k for a $122k MSRP car

1 Like

Certain cars still depreciate, slower then previously yet still do. Benayaga panameras 7series sclasses. Just not desirable vehicles after warranty is up.

4 Likes

I think you meant a Bentayga*

1 Like

Don’t have to spell it correctly to know it’s a crapper in the value department. Also just typed it fast on my phone…

4 Likes

or “Benihana”

5 Likes

Yeah, I definitely wouldn’t touch one without an extended warranty

1 Like

The cheaper the better for the export market which these are darlings for.