Vroom No Longer Honoring Offers - They Are Lying About Toyota No Longer Allowing 3rd Party Dealer Buyouts

school clapping GIF

For the folks in this thread

For TFS leases selling to a third party (vroom/carmax/Toyota dealer/etc.): Is there a minimum time before lease maturity/end date? I.e. you cannot sell to a third part within 30 or 60 days of that date? I’ve read that for other financial institutions, that might be the case.

Thanks!

This is the first I’ve heard of Honda Financial blocking third party buyouts. Is that info confirmed somewhere around here?

Hit up Duane Biggs at GiveMeTheVin.

Made my Volvo disappear when Vroom started lying, and came up to their number basically.

Overnight check, and the car is gone from my VCFS account.

EDIT: Confirmed w/ GMTV that TFS stopped allowing 3rd party lease buy-outs currently.

It’s definitely not listed. When I bought out my Porsche from Toyota financial, I couldn’t get in touch with anyone at the bank that could help and my bank couldn’t find anyone to talk to. They would only talk to the loan holder with an account number, Todd the rest of us to kick rocks.

They are very unhelpful and difficult to work with. Among the most challenging.

Done! :grinning: Couldn’t have been easier. Holding a check from CarMax for $5,867 that I wouldn’t have even known about if it weren’t for Leashackr.com. Net cost of $2,786 for 24 months or $116/mo for a $42k Taco through TFS. Amazing.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I had some equity on my leased vehicle and Vroom offered me the highest price on the car, so I decided to sell to them.
I received an email from them today saying Toyota does not allow third party lease buyout.
I had traded in a leased vehicle from Toyota back in 2019, and did not have any problem.
Is this something new?

This is a known issue with Vroom right now.

Get an online Carmax offer and take it to them, get a check on the spot

1 Like

I just sold one to Shift yesterday, 2019 Camry leased with TFS. The process was super easy and they even matched my Vroom offer.

Vroom also backed out of my MBFS lease, said MB said they won’t allow 3rd party transfer. When I talked to MB, they said we do allow 3rd party transfer. Had a quote for my C class about $2000 over any other company, but yea…this new trend of manufacturers not allowing 3rd party buyout really sucks the fun out of leases for me.

I think the bigger trend is VROOM backing out of offers and blaming the bank instead.

6 Likes

At what point do they back out? Is it safe to assume they wont back out once a contract is sent? Or is it safe once the carrier is assigned for pick up?

There’s a whole thread of people’s experiences here talking about when they backed out to pull from.

1 Like

Read alot of the thread, though I didnt see any DPs on when they backed out. But i could have missed it, it was a long thread

After the contract is signed, before they assign pickup.

Forget Vroom, opened an application with them and received no response in over a week. Last Saturday I turned to Algo and RX350 lease just got picked up and check issued same time. So in 5 days, Algo managed to complete this Lexus Financial purchase. Don’t believe the lies about Toyota and Lexus not allowing third party purchases.

PS. Lexus lease termination was October 2021 for those who wants to know.

2 Likes

I just used carmax, made 3500 off my Toyota 2018Highlander lease . Easy peasy, make sure to call and make an appt before you go. The one in ct I was in and out in an hour . Vroom I had no luck with, never would call me. Carvana offered me the lowest amount. Good luck everyone !!

3 Likes

Right I even asked Carmax about this and they were like “ nope we haven’t heard anything about Toyota saying no to us “ so there is that

Also make sure you are at least 15 days days before your next lease payment before you sell car . There is a 2 week grace period for selling car off to Carmax. FYI Also sell at least 3 months out

Why this: 15 days before last payment and I assume you mean 3 mos prior to lease end? Seems with your experience the deal was done within 1 hour and TFS doesn’t seem to care, as long as they receive a check. Did you hear something from TFS or Carmax suggesting what you said?