3rd Party Toyota Financial (TFS) buyout - lead time prior to lease end?

Hi there

I asked this is another thread, but it might be buried and not get as many views:

For the end of a TFS lease - is there a minimum amount of time prior to the lease end date to ‘allow’ for a 3rd party purchase? I’ve heard other financial companies saying this (i.e. no 3rd party buyout within 30 days etc.) but not sure with Toyota. Tried contacting TFS directly, but will have to call back.

Thanks!

Hey rocket, I secured a 6-month extension for my 2019 Tacoma just in case. My lease expires in 4 days and today I sold it to CarMax for a $5,867 profit.

Excellent. So the 4 day lease end was not an issue? I vaguely recall something from TFS about the last autopay payment and thought it also affected buyout, but I was likely totally off. This is indeed a crazy time now. Now if only securing a new car would be so easy!

Insert fresh LH memes here

2 Likes

I don’t think I even needed the extension. The payoff was the same as my RV. Both the CarMax gal and I were laughing as she handed me the check.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.