Volvo S90 T6 - $300/month A-Plan

Where are you located, Jesuscookies?

To your point itā€™s an attractive deal and Iā€™d recommend it to anyone unaware of the T6 deals

Base A-Plan is invoice. Without advertising, charity ($10), or port-installed options, invoice is 94% of MSRP not including destination (destination is not discounted 6% for A-Plan). For a dealer with $500 advertising (Iā€™ve seen it range from $0-750) and $10 charity, their base A-Plan price is $510 higher. Itā€™s easiest to just use invoice as the base A-Plan (it usually says it right on the invoice) price. Port-installed options have a different margin than 6% as well.

Then T6 Inscription should make it for a better deal in CA/AZ. MF/RV is close to T5. Other T6s MF/RV are much worse.

Obviously, compare a T6 deal to a T5 and the incentives to the dealer will vary by market. Since a T5 starts out as FWD, the T6 tends to be a big jump as itā€™s also AWD and typically an Inscription. So a T5 FWD Momentum is going to be a substantially less expensive car than a T6 AWD Inscription, which also tends to have more options.

So, this is what we are doing here - calculating based on the 6% a-plan discount. Donā€™t understand why you even brought it up in connection with a-plan.

Not entirely. Iā€™m seeing for 36/10:

T6 Inscription AWD 52% and 0.00025
T6 Momentum AWD 54% and 0.00074

Correct, I was looking at 24 months.
Edit: mixed up trims. MOM is good too.

But if thereā€™s around the typical $500 advertising, the 6% rule goes out the window because reality is more like 5% and hackrs are going to be screaming bloody murder. A-Plan is based on invoice, not so much 6% unless you adjust for advertising, $60 of the destination, and difference in margin on port-installed options. Getting the actual invoice shouldnā€™t be too hard after all the other disclosures being demanded.

So Cal. 20202020202020

With deep discounts, 24 months becomes very attractive and less of a bump from 36 months. Factor in avoiding a 40K service and maybe tires, and it can be well worth it. If you wind up doing a 9 month pull ahead, itā€™s effectively a 15 month lease. Yay!

You should contact one of the dealers recommended in this thread for one of those T6 Unicorn deals you crave!

I have my car picked out already for this go round, thanks.

I was looking at the Volvo seriously, but the new car timing for me, and a solar install made the decision a little easier.

Volt, pocket the change, pay off solar install, in 3 years. Go luxury next time, hope there is more PHEV selections worth the money in 3 years.

Now just need to get the volt, and the plan is complete! :blush:

The Voltā€™s a great car- Iā€™m selling mine now!

It really is a great car- I just got something else. Iā€™m sure youā€™re aware of our SoCal Chevy dealers here. Percentage/month of MSRP is excellent, especially if you qualify for the $1,500 CA rebate (or the Unicorny $3,500 rebate).

I am aware, and I have spoke with one of them.

The deal is ā€œsemi setupā€. Will be buying before the end of the month.

I am not sure why anyone would walk into a dealership when you can have a bottom line deal worked out in less than a paragraph on the IM here.

ok noob question hereā€¦

on the volvo website payment calculator it shows the T6 as having $2500 for ā€œ2018 Volvo S90 Lease Bonus Dealer Cashā€ and an additional $5250 for ā€œ2018 Volvo Allowanceā€.

With A-plan, I assume I can get the 6% off msrp plus $3k a-plan elite bonusā€¦ so my question is, does all of this stack?

i.e. can i do MSRP - 6% - $3000 - $2500 - $5250?

Those incentives do stack. Sometimes the incentives vary from market to market, but thatā€™s how it works out in mine. The 6% off is meant to estimate invoice, which is what A-Plan is based on. The 6% discount does not apply to the $995 destination, and whatever the advertising the dealer pays increases the invoice, too.

To your formula add 6% of $995, advertising, and (maybe $10 charity) to the number you were calculating.

If you have the VIN, I can look up the invoice amount.

Yes you have it right

The A plan website actually gives you the discount you should receive.

1 Like

Do you mean here?