Volvo S90 T6 - $300/month A-Plan

Yeah. When you log in it shows you the price you should be paying when you use A plan.

Don’t you have to create an account to log in and maybe qualify to create an account?

Yes so it applies to those that have A plan. No point to discuss A plan if the person doesn’t qualify for it.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a Catch 22. I mentioned before that not all HR departments are aware they have it (Apple, for example, a few years ago). Logging into the website is fine if you know you have it. Even still, I don’t think that website will know what advertising or charity charges are added on to the invoice of a particular car. Their language (last time I checked) was “estimated.” Port installed options don’t follow the 6% margin, either.

You keep talking about all these hidden fees of advertising and etc. But the A plan website lists the actual price someone should get when using A plan. If I was buying I would point to the A plan price and call it a day.

1 Like

This is definitely true. I knew my company qualified for Mercedes fleet and got a pin # from their fleet services department. Since I saw 0 info on this benefit on any of our websites, I sent a note to our HR person and not only did she say it doesn’t exist, but that it was probably a discount to buy a company car which I did not qualify for. I ignored her :slight_smile: but I think in some cases these types of benefits may be intentionally hidden and treated as executive perks.

How did you ultimately figure out your company qualified for MB fleet?

Funny enough, an LH article that shared a list of companies -

Ha! Thanks! 20202020

i see a bunch of dealers with 2017 s90s. how do you find the current incentives/rebates on those? the volvo site won’t let you configure / estimate payment on them anymore, and they aren’t showing up on autobytel…

and i assume the a-plan discounts are the same?

You can’t lease 2017, so don’t bother with those unless you want to purchase.

ah, didn’t know that. ok thanks

[ Deleted…]

[ Deleted…]

Let’s keep it clean.

Check the landfill. Nothing unclean there. Just heavy handedness. LOL

How much does residual change when the 2019s come in? Current S90 residuals seem to be around 50% (49-53%) for the S90 T6’s… Is that just a function of “end of life” for the model year makes it lower value? Seems crazy though for pricing – would think at some point pre-2019 models the pricing would shift back in favor of the customer and bring down lease prices…

1 Like

Yes and no. When I got my S60 2 years ago, there were great incentives in July, but I was selling my lease, so I had to finish that first before getting another car. The incentives changed drastically in August, but they were still decent. At that point, stock was low, as it is for the S90 at many dealers right now.

Because I couldn’t find anything in August, and my transfer wasn’t fully-set until September (by the way, it takes FOREVER for Ford!), there really wasn’t anything left for 2016s. The incentives were still decent, but dealers were jerking me around. The 2017 just came out, and there were already incentives on that, so I got it for not much more than a 2016 was in August/September (the deal I had for July was on a CC and it was crazy. That was the only thing that was less, but then the dealer wouldn’t honor it, despite the incentives).

Last year incentives increased as residual values held steady or diminished slightly. Then in a strange quirk of pricing, Volvo jacked residual value of 2018s in January while cutting incentives. Lease support for 2017s ended at end of Feb 2018 (and many dealers had loads of 2017s still to sell).