TX BMW Deals: Spreadsheet Inside!

$750/mo for an M340i? Am I reading that wrong? Yikes :grimacing:

It’s the Texas tax. It is significantly less for other states. On a car of this MSRP, the tax is about $3,500 after discounts and incentives (6.25% of the selling price net of incentives). That’s about $105 of the monthly after interest/rent charges. It’s also a $64,000 one, not a $57,000 model.

People always forget how much the tax is on a lease in Texas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So if tax is $105 that would put the base at $645 for an M340 loaner…still $100+/mo more than the half a dozen or so deals posted in the last week or two.

Pretty sure the latest one I saw was a 68k MSRP new, not loaner, and was like $620?

Just sayin.

1 Like

You need to know who your talking to.

Just sayin.

Time will cure the numbers on that car (I’m aware it’s not a strong offer from that particular store)

I actually have access to several more including a 61K one that fell through last minute for around $600 with just 1st and acquisition DAS. (Which is actually an awesome deal with tax capitalized.)

Keep in mind a 1% G20 3er is pretty aggressive here. I can’t tell you just how many times I’ve been visiting and grabbing batches of numbers on cars and just at the desk next to me I’ll see someone agreeing to $700/mo on a mid-optioned MSport 330i.

2 Likes

I actually beg to differ. Most of those were sub-$60,000 (or just over), and people are also stacking OL and college grad with other incentives. It’s a combination of incentives and MSRP, and the monthly is all relative to that.

People tend to focus on the monthly, rather than the components that compromise it.

Right…so, the guy posting the deal just said it wasn’t a terribly strong offer. Are you just being argumentative for the sake of it?

Do you have a dog in this fight that I’m missing?

Ooooh boy. Sorry I made a comment about a lease on a lease forum. Next time I’ll be sure to ask your permission first.

1 Like

No, I was just saying that it’s not as bad as you made it out to be. People look at brokers’ threads as a baseline, and I was simply pointing out to not focus only on the monthly but rather the components.

Components:

$64k MSRP $617 after 7.75% tax

$60k MSRP at $535

$61k MSRP at $520 after tax

$62k MSRP at $509 + tax

All of these comparable terms without DAS deflating monthly. There’s like a dozen more? This was just top results.

Make it a smart one.

This forum was built by people like @Electric, it stands on their sholders.
Anyone who’s been here for more than a week knows that.
Next time before you say things like

Try and make sure he doesn’t have a PhD in leasing. You’ll look smarter.

2 Likes

All this tells me is that 1% is a generally good all-in number for the M340i. (Which has been established before) :slightly_smiling_face:

The listed car isn’t great on price but if someone shows interest in it I’d go back to the table on it or pick them a different car. I could always start posting numbers like other brokers do with full tax and MSD DAS so I can boast artificially low payments.

4 Likes

Guess you missed the part where he agreed it wasn’t the most competitive deal from that particular dealer.

He seemed to handle the criticism considerably better than you folks do. Must not be able to see that from all the way up there on your high horse.

Or all the way down from my low payment.

Either way all I’m trying to say is you’re not pointing out anything he doesn’t know.

Oh is that so? This forum was apparently built by people like Electric and “it stands on their shoulders”…He also apparently has a “PhD in leasing,” huh?

4 Likes

If so it’s the easiest PhD I’ve ever earned.

I appreciate the building up folks but let’s not get carried away. There’s always someone bigger and badder out there.

You beat me to the punch…those comments gave me quite the chuckle.

2 Likes

Small updates on spread. Have a specific want or need and don’t see it represented? Just ask! We also have partnerships with brokers in other regions to find the set of wheels that fits you.

New format and tons more inventory to follow.

I’m looking for jet black/oyester X1. Can you please let me know if its available