Toyota cancelled allocations as of August 16th for next 60-90 days

You definitely missed it. I am not an aggressive salesman at all because I do large volume, but I was pushing a few people when they were telling me how “bad” my deal was. The push didn’t work of course and now they would kill for that “bad” deal. A big debate happened on my feed around the beginning of June. Admins ended up switching the conversation to…

Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc

](Shortages Affecting Auto Production: Semiconductor, foam, etc)

Guy on here wanted to bet me that things would be back up and running with dealers taking loser deals again around this time / towards the end of the year. I just messaged him asking if he still wants to make the bet lol :joy:

4 Likes

I see most of your posts and agree with a lot of what you say. You are definitely one of the ones that know all the inside information.

3 Likes

So the 2021 Sienna AWD I picked up a month ago was a good investment???

Also, I don’t see how used car prices are ever going to go down. If there are fewer cars built in 2021 and 2022 that will impact used car supply in future years

I think there was an article about how the same thing happened in 2008 and it caused higher prices for 10 year old used cars in 2018.

1 Like

Question for all the experts here…I was able to get a RAV4 prime at MSRP(pretty much all dealerships are selling this at 3k-5k over msrp). Could this potentially have a high resale value with this production issue now?

I’m sure Vroom or Carvana will offer you something close to or MSRP. Assuming you qualify for $7500 tax rebate, it’s a worthy deal if you have a spare car. Then again, who would fork out $50k for a used RAV4……

1 Like

Did you already take delivery of it or are you waiting?

I took delivery.

Dang. You basically hit the lotto.

1 Like

Your confidence gives me confidence

Curious which podcasts these are? I searched Bloomberg but couldn’t immediately find those specific ones.

Don’t see why the others won’t follow. This could get much worse. For years.

I had to re-listen to find the pointer, starts at 21m35s (link should start there) but the mention below is later

https://overcast.fm/+JjqHclTAQ/21:35

Jim Bianco suggests the best Fed insight comes from recent former ex-Fed officials, and specifically mentions Dan Taurllo’s talk at Brookings as one example

1 Like

I am hearing Toyota is holding chips for 22s. Not sure if that is true or not. GST is saying they will massive produce the 22s on starting November

1 Like

Any ideas what this means for cost? Will prices go back to normal?

Nope. The price will remain inflated

It will be back to normal around December 2022

2 Likes

Perpetual :slight_smile:

My dorm view is awesome.

1 Like

Hope the AC works more like an American car then a German one!

3 Likes

I have a ‘19 lexus rx350. $485/mo lease up in Feb. I’m automatically assuming I’m going to be affected by this too. I know I still have about 6 months, but I’m trying to forecast what to do. I honestly love my car so I wouldn’t mind keeping it seeing these insane prices happening everywhere, but if I were to get a new car it would be the same thing just upgraded year. Extend current lease or is there a chance I could get another deal then? Any suggestions?

Is this Malaysia?