Toyota cancelled allocations as of August 16th for next 60-90 days

It seems like Toyota had cancelled all of its allocations as of August 16th for next 60-90 days.
COVID-19 had hit the plants hard. Like really hard.

8 Likes

Things may get worse before getting better…

1 Like

No no. Things will get worse before they get better. Anyone who thinks this will turn around before the end of the year is highly mistaken.

5 Likes

You can see it in the stock market the last week or so. If production across all sectors of the market start to feel the effect again and ports start shutting down in China and here in the US its going to get truly nasty for the car industry. Imagine a shut down and people not wanting their leases a second time around…

I’m glad I was able to extend my wife’s SQ5 lease with Audi Financial for 6 more months (until April). However I fear that it still won’t be enough time for things to get better.

1 Like

Yes. Model year 2023 is likely when we will see stabilization.

2 Likes

So if one were expecting a Tacoma to arrive about thirty days from now, when will they get it?

So only 10% off instead of 15%. Got it.

9 Likes

In 120 days

1 Like

Bruh… wow…

2 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if in-transit with VIN = allocation in Toyota speak. This is the first I have heard of this and it honestly sucks.

I don’t know, if there is a VIN on the truck, you might get it faster

Any ideas how this would affect custom orders? Would it push them out even farther? We’ve been talking of ordering a Sienna since none are ever going to sit on a lot and we’re told roughly 3 months, and we’re okay with that number

I can’t answer that. You probably have to speak with your dealer.

I was told everything I sold for late august/early sept is being delivered as usual.
This is also why I don’t do preorders.

Also IMO we’re in the first quarter of these economic issues. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

4 Likes

Not in this region. We already have cancelled some pre-orders because it got delayed until late October.

Just spoke to a dealer today about custom order on a Tundra and they said 8-12 weeks is that accurate?

If the dealer said yes, then yes. But I wouldn’t trust it if they don’t know this information. Most of the salespeople don’t.

1 Like

drove by a normally bustling toyota dealership last night and it looked like a dealership in the middle of a massive relocation. barely any cars on their lots.

Shadow Games :smirk:

1 Like