The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

I will not get a Tesla unless it was under $200 with $0 DAS

2 Likes

Same here. And I will not let any woman sit in my Tesla unless she is a 6-foot blonde supermodel.

12 Likes

I guess with under $200 per month and $0 DAS then you can afford a 6 foot blonde supermodel. :rofl:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Make a Tesla that runs on garbage like in Back to the Future!

1 Like

A local AN dealer I am friendly with told me they wouldn’t even want mine🤪

Ice Cube Yes GIF

1 Like

Jeebus seems like Teslas are in the shitter right now. No point in selling in todays market.

All the dealers who bought them have dramatically over paid.

Like us, they are figuring things may continue to drop……

Best to wait it out I guess then.

Personally, I have no interest in selling mine. I’m just friendly with this dealer (so I catch up with them and chitchat fairly frequently). The conversation turned to Teslas (and curiosity got the better of me) so I asked for an approximate value on mine. That’s when they told me they would not even want to make an offer on it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just wait for some international incident to happen and oil prices skyrocket. Nothing like $8/gallon gas to increase EV second hand market prices. The likelihood of that happening right now seems quite high.

1 Like

Especially now that SPR has been tapped on to prop up self deleterious energy policy championed by a former VP.

This scenario may seem ludicrous but it was a reality at some west Los Angeles gas stations only last summer:

Where were you getting $.16/kWh in LA in the summer?

5 Likes

I was referring specifically to the $7.99 gas prices.

As far as electricity cost, if you are over 70 yo, have 16 dependents and earn less than $20,000/yr, the city of Beverly Hills will subsidize your bill to $0.16/kWh.

3 Likes

Oh hey, I found some unobtanium.

4 Likes

In Tampa Bay, we just had our rates raised to that and everyone is furious!

4 Likes

Current off peak hours is .30 kWh for Edison

To compare apples to apples, $0.30 - $0.40/kWh should be used for Tesla electricity cost.
Therefore $800 Est. Electricity/yr vs $4,000 Est. Gas/yr is more accurate.

I wish we had peak/non-peak/time of use rates. It’s the same rate 24/7/365 here.

They just did implement a $10 per month per car credit for EVs if you are willing to charge them during certain hours of the day though. I signed up as the hours are not very limiting.