The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

Personally, I have no interest in selling mine. I’m just friendly with this dealer (so I catch up with them and chitchat fairly frequently). The conversation turned to Teslas (and curiosity got the better of me) so I asked for an approximate value on mine. That’s when they told me they would not even want to make an offer on it :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just wait for some international incident to happen and oil prices skyrocket. Nothing like $8/gallon gas to increase EV second hand market prices. The likelihood of that happening right now seems quite high.

1 Like

Especially now that SPR has been tapped on to prop up self deleterious energy policy championed by a former VP.

This scenario may seem ludicrous but it was a reality at some west Los Angeles gas stations only last summer:

Where were you getting $.16/kWh in LA in the summer?

5 Likes

I was referring specifically to the $7.99 gas prices.

As far as electricity cost, if you are over 70 yo, have 16 dependents and earn less than $20,000/yr, the city of Beverly Hills will subsidize your bill to $0.16/kWh.

3 Likes

Oh hey, I found some unobtanium.

4 Likes

In Tampa Bay, we just had our rates raised to that and everyone is furious!

4 Likes

Current off peak hours is .30 kWh for Edison

To compare apples to apples, $0.30 - $0.40/kWh should be used for Tesla electricity cost.
Therefore $800 Est. Electricity/yr vs $4,000 Est. Gas/yr is more accurate.

I wish we had peak/non-peak/time of use rates. It’s the same rate 24/7/365 here.

They just did implement a $10 per month per car credit for EVs if you are willing to charge them during certain hours of the day though. I signed up as the hours are not very limiting.

We locked in at 13c/kWh last year and were able to move that rate to our new home. So thankful for that.

Our area was at 0.13 until 2-3 months ago. We dont have the market based system like I believe all (most?) of TX does.

Commercial in this area is much less. At work we use many MWh per year (data center) and we’re at something around 0.09.

2 Likes

Did anyone watch the anti-self driving commercial?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Too many Tesla threads…lol

Finally a Tesla hater did something about it lol
Would have been nice to dedicate 10 seconds to BQ :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

O’Dowd’s massive TSLA short at $101.81 not working out for him I guess.

This guy trying to FUD his trade into the green? LOL He also is developing his own competing product.

He did this earlier in 2022 and released a video. That video was quickly debunked, FSD was never engaged.

I was just kidding about the short. Whether he did or not, I do not know. He seems to be very vested in Tesla going down in flames however.