[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

Congrats! Glad I was able to help someone rather than get roasted by someone who prefer Beemers…

8 Likes

You’re getting a much better deal than anyone who bought one last year - that’s great. Out of curiosity, did you consider a purchase to take advantage of the tax rebate?

I did. But I don’t think I would want to keep this (or other cars) for long so leasing suits better for me.

If I calculate with 3 year span in mind, finance vs. lease may not be far off from each other. It all depends on what the car’s value will be in 3 years. If it holds value well, finance would have been better. But I assume that in that case, I could swap the lease and ask for some down payment and still make the lease work out okay financially.

I welcome LHers’ opinions.

Thank you.

Same conclusion on my end……but I leased in December so paid more than you🤪 Mine was $6300ish DAS and $489 with tax on a 36/10.

1 Like

I can’t afford your Equinox. I still have another year on my $120/mo Bolt lease! I’m not looking forward to spending 6 Bolts on something else in the future…

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

Too bad the discounted MF is only applicable for the SR, not the P :(. MF on the Performance is 0.002551 vs the SR’s 0.000716. The SR also has a 2% higher residual.

1 Like

I would guess that may be because most of those will not qualify for the tax credit since the sales price will be above $55,000.

Sales price loophole is part of the fun with the lease pass through.

How else would an iX 50e qualify? Unless BMW, others are putting the $7,500 out there out of the goodness of their heart and love for Mother Gaia. :money_with_wings:

3Ps are still under the $55k limit as well, certain configs at least. Though with leasing it wouldn’t really matter anyway.

Tesla appears to be passing some of the EV credit via inflated residuals and reduced money factors on the leases.

8 Likes

I dunno who’s the fellow trusted that changed my thread title but look at here… (also +$65 for a 2 year lease… or +$49 to increase mileage to 15k per year

I shared this above in this thread.

Yeah you did mate! Sorry- just gets buried with all these comments. :man_shrugging: someone decided to still change and leave the title at higher so beats me. Not a terrible deal compared to what folks are getting for effective $4xxx or $5xxx so beats me

1 Like

I am not the one that changed it, howevere, at the time you posted the thread about it being a $399/mo lease, it was actually a $399/mo lease with $4500 cap cost reduction for around $5600 das, before taxes and gov fees… so it was an accurate change.

2 Likes

Here is an updated calculator for anyone interested, based on all the info gathered here. I think the biggest point for people to know is that this effective discount does NOT apply to the Performance M3.

2 Likes

Just for giggles, if you put in a 7.5% tax rate and reasonable CA gov fees (since the thread is tagged as socal), this works out to $399/mo with right around $6000 DAS… meaning the thread title is spot on.

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 8.30.11 PM
Above is with 1k color upgrade. How much the lease interested rate 1.9% can be trusted (assuming excellent credit history)

This is the exact deal I got for my 2023 metallic gray M3 RWD . Actually MF was 0.000716 I think. I LOVE this Tesla 3.

1 Like